enhancement template. The description document must provide the following:
- The file must be named hf_bugID.html, e.g. hf_54312.html. Note that the extension must be "html", not "htm" because if it's .htm then the link to the bugzilla on the generated enhancement page will be broken.
- A brief but complete description. As a rule of thumb, when the PMC goes to create the "What's new in this release" document, would the description be enough to explain the enhancement? Most descriptions are at least a paragraph long, and the description must be more than a duplicate of the bugzilla's summary.
- A sizing describing, in person days or person weeks, the amount of work involved in implementing the enhancement. Even if some of the work will be done in parallel, this sizing must reflect the total amount of work, not the amount of weeks that it will take under parallel development. Assume the worst-case scenario: something unexpected may happen and one person may end up doing all of the work for the feature.
- A complete sizing that takes into account all of the
work required, from design, to code, test, doc, and ship. Note that
the sizing includes EVERYTHING that's needed, for example, include the time
- for all testing, not just unit test; the testing done during the test pass should be included in this sizing.
- to externalize strings for translation.
- needed for documentation to be reviewed.
- for learning
- ... and so on ...
Fill in the bugzilla with the URL to the description document:
- Copy and paste this URL into the URL field.
- Adjust the name of the file to match the name of your description document.
repository path: /cvsroot/org.eclipse
Use extssh to expand the www folder and check out the tptp/groups/Architecture/documents/features folder.
Description docs should be checked into the features directory.
If you're unfamiliar with the Eclipse CVS interface, read the Check out the TPTP web site from CVS document for an explanation of how to check out the folder.