As with any Tigerstripe Artifact, you can create and edit Datatype Artifacts through the New Datatype Artifact wizard. This section details the New Datatype Artifact wizard and explains how to edit your artifacts using the Tigerstripe Workbench entity perspective.
The New Datatype Artifact wizard allows you to create a new datatype artifact within a Tigerstripe project. Complete the following procedure to open the New Datatype Artifact wizard.
To open the New Datatype Artifact wizard and create your first datatype artifact:
- Ensure that the Tigerstripe Perspective is active. For more information, refer to Tigerstripe Perspective.
- Click Tigerstripe, select New, and click Datatype. Alternatively, you can select the Datatype icon on the Tigerstripe toolbar (). The New Datatype Artifact wizard appears.
- Enter a name for the datatype artifact in the Name text box and click Finish.
As with other types of Tigerstripe artifact wizards, the New Datatype Artifact wizard requires that you enter a set of parameters before you can successfully create your datatype artifact. The following outlines the information available on the New Datatype Artifact wizard.
- Source Project: the source project in which the datatype artifact is being created. In most cases, Tigerstripe is able to pre-populate this field based on the context. If not populated, or if the wrong project was selected, click Browse to select the correct Tigerstripe project in which the datatype artifact shall be created.
- Artifact Package: each artifact is created within the scope of a package. This field must contain a valid package name. The New Datatype Artifact wizard will reject all invalid package names.
- Artifact Name: a valid name for the artifact. This name uniquely identifies the artifact within the package. The New Datatype Artifact wizard will reject all invalid artifact names.
Editing Datatype Artifacts
© copyright 2005, 2006, 2007 Cisco Systems, Inc. - All rights reserved