In order to download the XML Export plug-in, you must first import the archive files in Eclipse. Complete the following procedure to import the plug-in and download it to your workspace.
To import and download the plug-in
- Click File, select Import, and click General. The Existing projects into workspace wizard displays.
- Switch to the Tigerstripe perspective.
- Double-click ts-plugin.xml to open the plug-in project descriptor.
- Click the Overview tab, click Package and deploy this plugin.
- Click OK in the two dialog boxes that display.
You can now utilize the XML Export plug-in
- In the Tigerstripe project which you wish to export, locate and double-click the tigerstripe.xml file to open the editor.
- Click the Generation tab.
- Select Full_Export(1.0.2) (disabled). The plug-in property values display allowing you to set the properties for the plug-in. For more information about plug-in properties, refer to
- Check Enable to enable the plug-in
- Click Save to save your changes.
- Select the Tigerstripe project so that it is in focus, and click Generate on the toolbar to run the plug-in.
- The output will appear in the target directory of the project. The output will be an XML file with the name of the project from which it was generated.
Note: It is possible that additional files are generated.
There will be one or more schemas copied to the target directory.
An XML plug-in has the following Global properties.
- singleFile: When this property is set to TRUE, the export will be to a single XML file. When it is set to FALSE, the plug-in exports the details of each Artifact of the selected project to an individual XML file.
- xmldir: This is the root directory for the generated files. The default value is xml.
- createXSLT: When this property is set to TRUE, the plug-in copies XSL files to the output directory and includes references to them within the XML export files. There is one XSL file for the per artifact export files and one for the summary export file. You should only use this option when singleFile is set to FALSE.
- IndexXSLT: The name of the XSL file for the summary file. The path is xmldir>\xslt\
relative to the Tigerstripe output directory for the project. This reference is copied into the summary file, and an example sample XSLT is copied to the output directory indicated.
- ArtifactXSLT: The name of the XSL file for the artifact files. This path is xmldir>\xslt\
relative to the Tigerstripe output directory for the project. This reference is copied into each artifact export file, and an example sample XSLT is copied to the output directory indicated.
- includeOSSJSpecifics: This property controls the inclusion of OSS/J specific details into the artifact export files. By default, the property is set to FALSE so that these details are not included in the export.
The XML Export plug-in can export a Tigerstripe Project:
- As a single XML file: The plug-in exports all artifacts of the selected project to a single XML file with the following location xmldir\project_name.xml. The export file conforms to the schema tigerstripeOutputSchema.xsd, which has a namespace of http://org.eclipse.tigerstripe/xml/tigerstripeOutput/v1-0 and is also found in the xmldir directory.
- As a summary XML file, plus multiple XML files (one per artifact): The summary file conforms with the schema highlighted above, but artifact references are to files each containing the details of a single artifact. These artifact files conform to the schema tigerstripeArtifactOutputSchema.xsd, which has a namespace: of http://org.eclipse.tigerstripe/xml/tigerstripeArtifactOutput/v1-0 and is also found in the xmldir/artifactPath directory, where artifactPath is a path-like representation of the artifact package.
© copyright 2005, 2006, 2007 Cisco Systems, Inc. - All rights reserved