An OSS/J Named Query Artifact models a query mechanism to select a set of Entities based on specific criteria. For example in the context of an Alarm Manager, a QueryAllOutstandingAlarms would return all AlarmEntities that corresponding to outstanding alarms.
Standard Modeling Details
- Package: a valid package name.
- Name: a unique name for this Query within the scope defined by the package.
- Super-Artifact (optional): the fully qualified name of the Query being extended by this Query definition. This is optional.
Artifact Specific Modeling Details
- Query Labels: labels to capture specific values within the scope of this Query. As opposed to an Enumeration Artifact, the type of all the constants does not need to be identical.
- Query Fields: the set of fields that constitute the input parameters for the Query.
Standard Generation Details
- Interface Package: the name of the package where the corresponding Java Interfaces shall be generated. If a default interface package has been set for the project, this value will be used by default.
Artifact Specific Generation details
- Returned Entity Type: the fully qualified name of the Managed Entity Artifact corresponding to the type of entities returned as a resultset. In the example of a "QueryAllOutstandingAlarms" above, the returned entity type shall be defined as "Alarms".
As a result of defining a Query in a Tigerstripe Model, the following is generated:
- J2EE Integration Profile: a Java Interface corresponding to the query value itself.
- JMS/XML Integration Profile: an xsd sequence corresponding to the query itself.
- Web Service Integration Profile: the xml definition from the JMS/XML profile is reused directly.
© copyright 2005, 2006, 2007 Cisco Systems, Inc. - All rights reserved