An OSS/J Notification Artifact models a notification to be emitted by a Service Contract based on specific conditions. The payload of the defined notification is captured by the fields of that artifact.
Standard Modeling Details
- Package: a valid package name.
- Name: a unique name for this Notification within the scope defined by the package.
- Super-Artifact (optional): the fully qualified name of the Notification being extended by this Notification definition. This is optional.
Artifact Specific Modeling Details
- Notification Labels: labels to capture specific values within the scope of this Notification. As opposed to an Enumeration Artifact, the type of all the constants does not need to be identical.
- Notification Fields: the set of fields that constitute the payload of this Notification Artifact. Each field shall be of a primitive type, a Datatype Artifact or of an Entity Artifact.
Standard Generation Details
- Interface Package: the name of the package where the corresponding Java Interfaces shall be generated. If a default interface package has been set for the project, this value will be used by default.
Artifact Specific Generation details
- Notification Selectors: Notification Selectors are intended to be available in the header of the generated notifications for filtering purpose. They can be specified on any defined notification artifact. There are 2 types of Notification Selectors:
- Simple Notification Selectors: any field of a notification artifact that is defined with a primitive type, or any field with a primitive type of a datatype artifact used in a notification field.
- Additional Notification Selectors: any arbitrary value to be added in the header of the event. These additional selectors shall be of primitive types only.
As a result of defining a Notification in a Tigerstripe Model, the following is generated:
- J2EE Integration Profile: a set of Java Interfaces corresponding to the notification itself and the corresponding selectors.
- JMS/XML Integration Profile: an xsd sequence corresponding to the notification itself.
- Web Service Integration Profile: the xml definition from the JMS/XML profile is reused directly.
© copyright 2005, 2006, 2007 Cisco Systems, Inc. - All rights reserved