The SCA Tools project provides a set of tools for the Service Component Architecture (SCA)
set of standards:
- The SCA Meta Model, an extensible EMF meta model based on the SCA specifications version 1.0 proposed by the Open SOA consortium + an extension for Tuscany + an extension for FraSCAti.
- The SCA Composite Designer, a graphical (GMF) development environment for the construction of composite applications (see figure below).
- The SCA XML Editor for composite and componentType files.
- The SCA Form Editor, an editor based on Eclipse forms for SCA assembly files.
- The SCA Builder to validate SCA artifacts.
- The SCA Launcher to run and debug SCA Java projects on SCA platforms from Eclipse.
- The SCA Composite to Java Generator to generate Java code skeletons from an SCA composite.
- The SCA Composite Introspection tool to construct SCA assembly files in a bottom-up approach from existing POJO and component type files.
- The SCA Semantics tool to annotate components, services, and references with SAWSDL.
- The SCA Samples, a set of ready to use SCA projects to discover SCA and the SCA tools.
For more complete information on the SCA Tools project please have a look at our wiki.
- April 12, 2010: The SCA Tools project has left the STP TLP for the SOA TLP.
- March 23, 2010: We will talk at Eclipse Con 10.
- March 4, 2010: First version of the SCA Composite Designer that allows to edit
SCA assembly files conform to the OSOA specifications or conform to the OASIS specifications.
This new version of the SCA Composite Designer proposes also extensions for FraSCAti 1.x,
Tuscany 1.x, Tuscany 2.x and Fabric3 1.5.
- February 26, 2010: Galileo SR2 and SCA Tools 2.0.1 are here! Instructions.
- September 11, 2009: SCA Tools 2.0.1 Quick Tour (video - about 7 minutes). See the ease-of-use features of SCA Tools.
- June 24, 2009:
SCA Tools 2.0.0 has been released. It is available in Eclipse 3.5 (Galileo),
the new yearly Eclipse distribution.
Install it now !
- March 11, 2009: The SCA Tools project has now a weekly build (every Sunday at midnight GMT) on
the Eclipse Hudson server.
You can also directly build SCA Tools (go to the
Eclipse Hudson server
and click 'Build Now' on the left hand side.). You will need to log in
with your build.eclipse.org credentials. Thank you very much Oisin!
- June 25, 2008: SCA Tools 1.0.0 Ganymede is available (see the download section on the wiki).
- July 2007: Obeo and SAP have decided to work together on an SCA Composite Designer.