Project Plan For Subversive - SVN Team Provider, version Kepler
Subversive provides you a probability to use supported SVN clients easily directly from your workbench. Friendly user interface of Subversive makes it much more comfortable to operate repositories. All SVN operations are supported and there are no difficulties while working with command line from now on.
The plan deals with the important matters of release deliverables, release milestones, target operating environments, and release-to-release compatibility. These are all things that need to be clear for any release, even if no features were to change.
The Subversive plug-in itself, including Mylyn integration and localizations, is distributed from Eclipse.org both via update-site and archive download. The other integrations and Subversive SVN Connectors needed to get Subversive to work with SVN can be found on Polarion Software site. The archived copies for Polarion distributed parts are not available.
Release milestones will be occurring at roughly 6 week intervals, and will be aligned with the Kepler Simultaneous Release train.
|M1||26 Aug 2012|
|M2||07 Oct 2012|
|M3||18 Nov 2012|
|M4||23 Dec 2012|
|M5||11 Feb 2013|
|M6||24 Mar 2013|
|M7||07 May 2013|
|RC1||21 May 2013|
|RC2||28 May 2013|
|RC3||04 Jun 2013|
|RC4||11 Jun 2013|
Individual, milestone level plans for the components that make up the Eclipse Project can be found on the Eclipse Project Kepler Plan page on the Eclipse wiki.
Our target is to complete 4.3 in June 2013, in alignment with Kepler. All release deliverables will be available for download as soon as the release has been tested and validated in the target operating configurations listed below.
New Subversive builds do not support nor Eclipse 3.5 and earlier, nor JRE 1.4. In the future this solution should allow us to make project code more clean and stable.
So, the Subversive project will support:
- Eclipse Platform 3.6.x and higher
- JDK/JRE 1.5.x and higher
- SVN version 1.1.x-1.6.x using SVN 1.6 compatible connectors.
- SVN version 1.7.x using SVN 1.7 compatible connectors.
The user interface elements provided by Subversive, including dialogs and error messages, are externalized. The English strings are provided as the default resource bundles.
Compatible with 0.7.x and 1.0.x versions
The project has identified major areas of work, that will be the priorities for this development cycle.
We have lot of issue reports and tip for improvements registered on our tracker. The most important ones of these reports should be processed in alignment with Kepler release.
- [Synchronize View] Improvement: Allow to create a new empty change set 258661
- SVN Change Sets model does not always display date and author information 294852
- Documentation Grammar/Spelling 293311
- Improvement: add extension point for declaring custom properties 306806 [done]
- Display post-commit error messages to the user 354843 [done]
- Improve Team Annotate with useful default revision values 296239 [done]
- "Clear selection" in the commit dialog unchecks all the items, not only the selected ones 370254 [done]
- Show a user friendly error message if the merge/update/switch caused an unresolved conflict over the .project file [ID-UOAA9] 365867 [done]
- Please add support for SlikSVN library (at least under Win64) 388396 [done]
- Use SVN Kit 1.7.5.v1 363000 [done]
- Update SVN Kit 1.3.7 to 1.3.8 363000 [done]
- Update JavaHL 1.7.4 to 1.7.5 385038 [done]
- Deadlock when deleting Secure Storage during SVN update 353462
- Show Annotation from SVN Repositories opens two editors 331285
- "Show History" keypress leaves focus in editor view 328987
- When marking as merged, the file is considered as "added" 388407
- Synchronizing operation failed 387950
- Obstructed folders after doing a fresh svn check-out of a project using svn:externals 387882
- History of a deleted file does not show the revision where the file was deleted 387494
- Trust of expired certificate is volatile 384018
- Issues with connectors shouldn't be silenced 350993
- Auto lock error with maven hierarchy [ID-X5CXN] 374591 [done]
- svn appears to have old fashioned update site instead of p2 repo? [check if there any issues with existing p2 repo] 387542 [done]
- update svn:externals source file results in removal of the svn:mime-type property 387304 [done]
- Error when trying to modify a file with the property "svn:needs-lock" in the JSP editor 377013 [done]
- SVN Connectors failed to install in Eclipse 64 bit for RCP and RAP Developers. 376317 [done]
- Cannot complete the install because some dependencies are not satisfiable 356558 [done]
- Synchronize window showing add icon decoration instead of delete icon for outgoing change Eclipse 4.2 388445 [done]
- Inaccurate preference names and documentation regarding "freeze svn:externals" feature 387324 [done]
- Edit conflict can not find -right.r file with the SVN 1.7-compatible connectors 383183 [done]
- "Check Out As" shouldn't delete an empty project folder, since folder creation later may be impossible due to security restrictions 321810 [done]
- svn:externals syntax check too strict 316114 [not Subversive]
- Branch/Tag/Copy dialogs should notify about possible ways of "/" character usage 382311 [done]
- Refresh on location/root nodes in SVN Repositories View shows multiple credential dialogs 385690 [done]
- Unchecked "Save password" repository location option shouldn't prevent user name from being saved 385890 [done]
- Using svn+ssh:// repositories with private key authentication causes subversive to popup ssh login dialog two times for every repository operation. 239871 [done]
- NPE in FreezeExternalsOperation [ID-IP4PU] 385818 [done]
- NPEs in Override and Commit in models mode [ID-BOO7P] 372098 [done]
- ClassCastException in time of branch/tag operation [ID-M43MD] 385530 [done]