Eclipse Foundation Member Companies Showcase Business Solutions in the Open Source Park at CeBIT 2012
Eclipse ecosystem members co-operate to present open source for business at CeBIT.
29 February 2012 - The Eclipse Foundation announced today that it will be at CeBIT 2012 in Hannover, Germany, with six co-operating Eclipse ecosystem members and a redesigned Eclipse Theme Island. In its 3rd year at CeBIT, the Eclipse Foundation Island provides a unique opportunity to learn about Eclipse open source software and the businesses, institutions and individual developers that make up the community.
“Having been a platform for innovation in software for ten years, Eclipse technology has also become instrumental for businesses in managing their software and development processes," said Ralph Mueller, Director of European Ecosystem, Eclipse Foundation . “In addition to introducing companies participating in projects as diverse as Jubula testing, BIRT business reporting, Eclipse modeling, Mylyn and Eclipse and OSGi, we’ll show how the Eclipse Foundation is bringing the advantages of open source collaboration to software consuming businesses in areas such as Automotive and Aerospace.”
The Eclipse Island at CeBIT will demonstrate a cross-section of the tools and frameworks that together with this governance and ecosystem model, makes Eclipse a solution for the full application lifecycle.
- Actuate is showcasing the popular open source Business Intelligence and information application development technology, BIRT (Business Intelligence Reporting Tools). Visitors will be given an insight into BIRT's extensive capabilities and ActuateOne’s value added functionality for BIRT including enhanced end user functionality and a choice of deployment options incorporating on-premise, cloud and mobile BIRT applications. Live BIRT based demonstrations include end user interactivity, data analytics and dashboarding.
- BREDEX GmbH is a strategic member of the Eclipse Foundation and has over 20 years experience in software development, consulting and testing. BREDEX is the organization behind the Eclipse Jubula Project for automated functional testing and will be talking about their journey to open source in the Open Source forum.
- At CeBIT EclipseSource will demonstrate its products and services designed to jumpstart organizations adopting the Eclipse Runtime and Eclipse modeling tools. The company will show the Yoxos 5 product for managing enterprise deployment of Eclipse based tools and the recently previewed multi-platform mobile extensions to the Eclipse Rich Ajax Platform.
- itemis offers services and products for model-driven Software- & Systems Engineering. At CeBIT, itemis will be presenting their YAKINDU-tools for high quality software development. Amongst others YAKINDU contains solutions for the Management, Engineering and Traceability of Requirements as well as customizable and integrated development environments.
- Microsoft and EclipseSource show true interoperability with the demo, 'KINECT to Eclipse'. EclipseSource has connected the Kinect controller from Microsoft with the Eclipse IDE. This means you can control your IDE using gestures and voice. Microsoft and EclipseSource will give live demo’s and introduce an extensible Eclipse framework for the KINECT.
- Built on the Eclipse Mylyn project, Tasktop Sync provides organizations with heterogeneous software development and delivery stacks with the visibility and traceability needed in this world where software is increasingly becoming a differentiator and Tasktop Dev provides developers with order of magnitude productivity gains. Visit Tasktop Technologies to view a live demo and to learn more about the transformational effect Tasktop can have on software delivery organizations.
Visit the Eclipse Foundation at CeBIT 2012 in Hall 2, Block D58, Stand 170.
- 30 -
About the Eclipse Foundation
Eclipse is an open source community, whose projects are focused on building an open development platform comprised of extensible frameworks, tools and runtimes for building, deploying and managing software across the lifecycle. A large, vibrant ecosystem of major technology vendors, innovative start-ups, universities and research institutions and individuals extend, complement and support the Eclipse Platform.
The Eclipse Foundation is a not-for-profit, member supported corporation that hosts the Eclipse projects. Full details of Eclipse and the Eclipse Foundation are available at www.eclipse.org.
Actuate founded and co-leads the Eclipse BIRT open source project. ActuateOne™ is a unified suite of products for rapidly developing and deploying BIRT-based custom Business Intelligence applications and information applications. Applications built with ActuateOne provide one user experience regardless of task or skill level; are supported by one server for any deployment including cloud and are built with one BIRT design that can access and integrate any data source - including high volume print streams. ActuateOne adds rich data visualisations, including interactivity, dashboards, analytics, scorecards and deployment options to web and mobile BIRT applications, helping organizations drive revenue through higher customer satisfaction and improved operational performance.
Actuate has over 5,000 customers globally in a diverse range of business areas including financial services and the public sector. Founded in 1993, Actuate is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices worldwide. Actuate is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol BIRT. For more information, visit the company's web site at www.actuate.com or visit the BIRT community at www.birt-exchange.com.
About Bredex GmbH
Since 1987, BREDEX GmbH has been providing high quality information technology services in the areas of consultancy, analysis and design, software development, quality assurance and training. Based in Braunschweig, the company has a history of long term customer satisfaction and a focus on forward thinking, developing individual solutions that bring future standards to current project needs.
BREDEX is a strategic member of the Eclipse Foundation and is the company behind the Eclipse Jubula Project, a powerful and cost effective automatic test tool for Java and HTML applications. BREDEX also develops GUIdancer, a tool based on Jubula with added value and comfort for testers and test managers. For more information: www.bredexsw.com.
About EclipseSource Incorporated
EclipseSource brings together recognized experts from key Eclipse projects and delivers the ability to meet the demanding technical requirements of commercial adopters. EclipseSource provides a complete range of products and services from fundamental technology development, production and developer support, training and mentoring to commercial management and provisioning solutions.
With leadership roles in several Eclipse projects, EclipseSource provides coverage for key Eclipse technologies including RCP, Equinox OSGi, Modeling and Provisioning. EclipseSource has developed Yoxos 5, an Eclipse distribution and management solution and has recently released a multi-platform OSGi-based framework for bringing server-based applications to the desktop, web, mobile web and native mobile devices. The organization has staff in North America and Europe and a truly global customer base ranging from Fortune 100 corporations to individual developers. More information is available on www.eclipsesource.com.
itemis AG, having its headquarters in Lünen, is an independent IT-consulting company. The company was founded in 2003 and by now employs 160 associates at several sites in Germany as well as in France, Canada and Switzerland.
itemis AG is a branch neutral technology leader in the field of automatized software development. It offers software development tools and services for the markets of business applications, applications for mobile devices and embedded systems. Research and training are additional specialties.
itemis is one of the strategic Eclipse members located in Germany. Wolfgang Neuhaus, founder of itemis AG and Ed Merks, Eclipse Modeling Project Lead, are members of the board of the »Eclipse-Foundation«. Further information about the company and the YAKINDU products can be found at www.itemis.de as well as www.yakindu.de.
About Tasktop Technologies
Tasktop Technologies aims to transform the productivity of software delivery by unifying Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and empowering developers with task-focused tools.
Tasktop invented the task-focused interface and created the popular Eclipse Mylyn project, which transformed the developer’s IDE experience to center around ALM tool-based collaboration. Building on top of Mylyn, Tasktop has been unifying the ALM landscape with its broad ecosystem of ALM partnerships that connect disparate tools from leading Agile, enterprise ALM and open source offerings. Tasktop’s Task Federation™ technology builds on this ecosystem to unify heterogeneous ALM stacks by allowing developers, testers and managers to work within their best-of-breed tools of choice, while automatically maintaining traceability and visibility across ALM artifacts. The company’s Tasktop Sync provides the only real-time bidirectional and fully automated synchronization between ALM servers. Tasktop Dev is the developer-centric ALM interface for the Eclipse and Visual Studio IDEs, making it dramatically easier for developers to work and collaborate, while keeping ALM tools up-to-date with development activity. For more information visit www.tasktop.com.