Jubula Functional Testing Tool
Jubula provides automated functional GUI testing for various types of applications. It is aimed at teams who want their automated tests to be written by test experts from the user perspective, without requiring any coding effort. Jubula tests incorporate best practices from software development to ensure long-term maintainability of the automated tests.
Jubula will also try to be an anchor point for a broader testing scope including requirements analysis, code coverage of Java applications and test metrics.
Comprehensive documentation, cheat sheets and example projects are available to help you get started. If you'd like training, consulting, support or coaching for Jubula and/or help with your test process, our team of test experts will be happy to help you.
Jubula was contributed by BREDEX GmbH from their previous commercial tool GUIdancer. BREDEX GmbH also offer a Jubula standalone that incorporates the Jubula core and offers additional features and options for productivity and comfort in testing.
For an overview of what is available in the Jubula plugin and the standalones, please see the downloads page.
Have you read our blog entry about why we don't recommend recording tests?
Acceptance testing at the forefront
- Include your customer perspective early and continuously
- Treats the software as a black-box:
- no modifications necessary
- source code does not have to be available
- Tests written by test experts from the user perspective
- Encourages collaboration between customers, developers and testers
- Find and fix errors early
Test design benefits
- No coding effort necessary to write tests, saving time and improving readability for all
- Support for best practices such as modularity, readability and abstraction reduces test maintenance effort
- Drag and drop test specification from test libraries provided
- Suitable for agile processes - early test development
- High-level actions include various checks and synchronization options
- Support for redundancy removal via "refactor" and search
- React flexibly to events at runtime for maximum test coverage
Test result analysis
- View current and previous test results in Jubula client
- Automatic screenshot on error
- Report test results to application lifecycle management systems
Follow us on Twitter:Follow @EclipseJubula
- Supports Swing, SWT/RCP/GEF and JavaFX applications
- Platform independent testing on Windows and Linux/Unix
- Client-server architecture for distributed testing
- Heuristic object recognition
- Command line clients for continuous integration
- Testing of multiple applications supported
- Context-sensitive help in client
- Projects stored in multi-user database
- Portability and version control via export / import