1.1.0.RELEASE - Release Notes
The 1.1.0 release is the first formal release of Gemini Web and is aimed at migrating applications and users from the SpringSource OSGi Web Container, which is the Reference Implementation of the OSGi Web Applications specification.
Code contributions were gratefully received from:
- Violeta Georgieva (SAP AG)
- David Savage (Paremus)
Contributions in the form of forum posts were gratefully received from a number of individuals.
Code donations (source code), repackaged to the org.eclipse namespace and dual-licensed under the Eclipse Public License v1.0 and the Apache Software License v2.0:
- Donate SpringSource OSGi Web Container to form Gemini Web Container
- Donate unit and integration test suites
- Upgrade Apache Tomcat to 6.0.29 (plus modifications to support embedding) - closes off some security vulnerabilities
- Upgrade SpringSource dm Server utilities to Virgo 2.1.0.RELEASE utilities
- Upgrade Spring Build to Virgo Build
Other improvements and bug fixes:
- Bug 307393: WAR extraction when installing a web application
- Bug 308985: Welcome file in a subdirectory is not invoked
- Bug 312752: Support Apache Tomcat context configuration
- Bug 319519: EquinoxBundleFileResolver.canUse throws NoClassDefFoundError when BundleHost cannot be loaded
- Bug 319782: Enable Gemini Web to run on Apache Felix
- Bug 322983: Restructure Apache Tomcat bundles to enable clustering to work
- Various test and build improvements
A full list of bugs included in this release is available here.