Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Today's Messages (on)  | Unanswered Messages (off)

Forum: TMF (Xtext)
 Topic: Qualified name for EObject without a name
Re: Qualified name for EObject without a name [message #1696381 is a reply to message #1696254] Tue, 26 May 2015 08:47
Eleanor Richie is currently online Eleanor RichieFriend
Messages: 53
Registered: August 2014
Member
you mean only setting the qualifier name to the simple name only and not setting it to any higher level like this?
QualifiedName.create( IntegerDeclaration.getName() )?
Re: Qualified name for EObject without a name [message #1696404 is a reply to message #1696381] Tue, 26 May 2015 10:26
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Messages: 7078
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
jepp
Re: Qualified name for EObject without a name [message #1696405 is a reply to message #1696404] Tue, 26 May 2015 10:27
Eleanor Richie is currently online Eleanor RichieFriend
Messages: 53
Registered: August 2014
Member
Thanks Smile
 Topic: Testing the Syntax/Semantic highlights
Testing the Syntax/Semantic highlights [message #1696383] Tue, 26 May 2015 08:58
Eleanor Richie is currently online Eleanor RichieFriend
Messages: 53
Registered: August 2014
Member
I have created a lot of customizations in the syntax and semantic highlights.
I want to add some Junit tests to test the highlights. Can anyone help me start making tests that test the highlighting colors? I checked Xtext book but couldn't find it.
Re: Testing the Syntax/Semantic highlights [message #1696407 is a reply to message #1696383] Tue, 26 May 2015 10:28
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Messages: 7078
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
i dont know anything that can be used out of the box. you may dig into https://github.com/eclipse/xtext/blob/master/tests/org.eclipse.xtend.ide.tests/src/org/eclipse/xtend/ide/tests/highlighting/XtendHighlightingCalculatorTest.java
Forum: Equinox
 Topic: how to enable p2 commands in osgi console
Re: how to enable p2 commands in osgi console [message #1696410 is a reply to message #119177] Tue, 26 May 2015 10:40
Piero Campalani is currently offline Piero CampalaniFriend
Messages: 56
Registered: January 2015
Member

Did you open the OSGi console..?
Forum: Oomph
 Topic: Customize the git config in a GitCloneTask
Re: Customize the git config in a GitCloneTask [message #1696359 is a reply to message #1696267] Tue, 26 May 2015 05:58
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 26594
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Dieter,

We certainly already know if it's a gerrit URI, but if your project
isn't an Eclipse project, that might not work for you. In the Eclipse
project catalog there is this variable:

<setupTask
xsi:type="setup:VariableTask"
name="eclipse.gerrit.uri.pattern"
value="(https|ssh)://([^@/]+@)?(git.eclipse.org:29418/.*|git.eclipse.org/r/.*)"/>

The git clone task looks for variables that end with
".gerrit.uri.pattern" and checks if the clone task's remote URI matches
any such variable's pattern. If so, it adds the Gerrit push refspec.
Is that the part that's not working (in which case you can add such a
variable with a patter to your project setup, or is it the config
property that's your problem?


On 25/05/2015 4:00 PM, Dieter Scholz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today I started to play around with the Oomph installer. Great piece
> of work - I was able to automate all my setup and configuration tasks.
>
> Now I would like to integrate my Gerrit repos into my setup file and I
> have the same problem as Hugo. The imported repos look different than
> the repos created by the wizard (clone from Gerrit). It looks like a
> push of code for review won't work. It would be nice if this problem
> could be solved.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dieter
 Topic: General Eclipse Installer questions
General Eclipse Installer questions [message #1696380] Tue, 26 May 2015 08:45
Holger Voormann is currently offline Holger VoormannFriend
Messages: 18
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
What is the advantage of using the new Eclipse Installer as opposed to just downloading and unzipping an Eclipse package? It seems to me that the Eclipse Installer is not an installer (on Windows it does not create shortcuts, neither on the desktop nor in the start menu) but something like a package manager. Probably, Oomph alias the new Eclipse Installer saves disc space and download time when installing different Eclipse packages by sharing the same plug-ins. But why should I install different packages instead of using a single installation with all the plug-ins I need?

I'm also unsure how to uninstall an Eclipse package that has been installed with the Eclipse Installer. On Windows most of the data seems to be stored in "%HOMEPATH%\.p2\pool" and some settings are stored in the "%HOMEPATH%\.eclipse\org.eclipse.oomph.*" directories. Should I first delete the installation directory and then use the Bundle Pool Analysis dialog of the Eclipse Installer to remove the profile and unused artifacts?

The windows version of the Eclipse Installer is a self-extracting ZIP file. Each time you run it, it extracts itself into a new "eoi*" subdirectory of the %TEMP% directory. Is there an easier way to extract it to another location to install it permanently than moving the "eoi*" subdirectory or using a tool like 7-Zip?
Re: General Eclipse Installer questions [message #1696389 is a reply to message #1696380] Tue, 26 May 2015 09:19
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Messages: 5754
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Am 26.05.2015 um 10:45 schrieb Holger Voormann:
> What is the advantage of using the new Eclipse Installer as opposed to just downloading and unzipping an Eclipse package?
You've answered this question yourself below ;-)

> It seems to me that the Eclipse Installer is not an installer (on Windows it does not create shortcuts, neither on the
> desktop nor in the start menu) but something like a package manager.
Are you suggesting something is an installer only if it creates shortcuts to the installed product?

What is the difference between an installer and a package manager in your opinion?

> Probably, Oomph alias the new Eclipse Installer saves disc space and download time when installing different Eclipse
> packages by sharing the same plug-ins.
Yes, that's a big advantage

> But why should I install different packages instead of using a single installation with all the plug-ins I need?
It's up to you to do that or not. You can switch off the shared bundle pool in the Eclipse Installer menu. Many users
like separate installations because they're easier to keep intact than a big pile of unrelated (but possibly impacting)
plugins. Again, it's up to you.

> I'm also unsure how to uninstall an Eclipse package that has been installed with the Eclipse Installer. On Windows
> most of the data seems to be stored in "%HOMEPATH%\.p2\pool" and some settings are stored in the
> "%HOMEPATH%\.eclipse\org.eclipse.oomph.*" directories. Should I first delete the installation directory
Yes.

> and then use the Bundle Pool Analysis dialog of the Eclipse Installer to remove the profile and unused artifacts?
If you use a shared bundle pool (which is optional) it's up to you to decide when garbage collection is due. It's always
a trade-off between some (temporary?) waste of disk space and potentially slower reinstalls later.

> The windows version of the Eclipse Installer is a self-extracting ZIP file. Each time you run it, it extracts itself
> into a new "eoi*" subdirectory of the %TEMP% directory. Is there an easier way to extract it to another location to
> install it permanently than moving the "eoi*" subdirectory or using a tool like 7-Zip?
Yes, the simple installer on Windows offers a "keep installer" option after a successful installation or when you switch
to the advanced mode of the installer.

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper
Re: General Eclipse Installer questions [message #1696411 is a reply to message #1696389] Tue, 26 May 2015 10:41
Holger Voormann is currently offline Holger VoormannFriend
Messages: 18
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Thank you for the quick response!

> What is the difference between an installer and a package manager in your opinion?
On Windows I would expect an installer will do the at least the following:
1. Creates files (probably in a subfolder of %PROGRAMFILES% or %PROGRAMFILES(X86)%)
2. Creates an entry in the start menu (and optionally on the desktop) to launch the program
3. Entry in "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features" to uninstall the program

The "Keep Installer" function is very nice. It would be great if this would be available (maybe as a warning) on the start window, too. I like to have "Create start menu entry", "Create desktop shortcut" and "Pin to task bar" also for packages (maybe as options below the "Installation Folder" input field). An entry in "Programs and Features" to uninstall a package would also be very helpful.
Some minor issues on my Eclipse Installer wish list:
- No "by Oomph" because it is confusing for non-Eclipse-experts
- Possibility to download and install Java VMs
- If 32-Bit is chosen then the proposed installation folder should start with "C:\Program Files (x86)\" instead of "C:\Program Files\"

I also have not understood the Oomph preference recording. What must I do to play back these recordings? I switch to the dark theme, but when I switch to a new workspace or when I install a new Eclipse package I will see the default theme.
Forum: NatTable
 Topic: Resize NatTable on collapse and expand
Re: Resize NatTable on collapse and expand [message #1696371 is a reply to message #1695616] Tue, 26 May 2015 07:32
Shane Mills is currently offline Shane MillsFriend
Messages: 6
Registered: May 2014
Junior Member
Sorry for the late reply and thanks a lot for yours Smile

I experienced, that only setting the size of the NatTable in the suggested way will not update its layout correctly and thus lead to unwanted layouting issues.

Instead of using the setSize method I tried to alter the heightHint of the NatTables layout data itself and it works fine for now, or at least I did not run into problems with this solution so far.

This allows me to have more than one NatTable on a single part with each NatTable only showing the currently visible rows and updating their height according to expand and collapse events.

For this I have registered an ILayerEventHandler for RowStructuralChangeEvents updating the layout data of the according NatTable.

Thank you very much for your support Dirk!

Shane
 Topic: Nabula Nattable Auto resize
Nabula Nattable Auto resize [message #1696403] Tue, 26 May 2015 10:10
Lalit Solanki is currently offline Lalit SolankiFriend
Messages: 57
Registered: April 2015
Member
Hi friend,
I am using nabula nattable but not fill all part so please any one idea how to assign auto resize table please help me ...


Lalit
Re: Nabula Nattable Auto resize [message #1696408 is a reply to message #1696403] Tue, 26 May 2015 10:35
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Messages: 1654
Registered: July 2012
Senior Member
I don't understand your question. Do you need autoresizing of columns? That shouldn't fit your needs to fill the whole part.

Do you want to render the table as it would fill the whole available space? Then you need to use the NatGridLayerPainter as shown in the NatGridLayerPainterExample.

Do you want to automatically size the columns to fill the available space? Then use percentage sizing.
Re: Nabula Nattable Auto resize [message #1696413 is a reply to message #1696408] Tue, 26 May 2015 11:18
Lalit Solanki is currently offline Lalit SolankiFriend
Messages: 57
Registered: April 2015
Member
Hi sir thank you ....
I am trying to nattable fill the whole available space,
and I will try NatGridLayerPainter.

thank you so much sir...


Lalit
Forum: EMF Parsley
 Topic: TreeTable
Re: TreeTable [message #1696415 is a reply to message #1696219] Tue, 26 May 2015 11:19
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
Messages: 1503
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 25/05/2015 15:59, Michael Kagel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry, if this is described anywhere and I missied it, but is it
> possible to define a tree with columns in parsley?
>
> I only found a TableViewerColumnBuilder but no TreeViewerColumnBuilder.
> Is there a way to use this for trees too?
>
> Best Regards
>
> Michael Kagel
>

Hi Michael

currently we don't provide any ready-to-use tree-table component.

It should be possible to create one, by using the mechanisms of Parsley,
taking TableViewerColumnBuilder as inspiration.

Please open a bug request (of course, if you provide a possible
implementation it would be great :)

We should release version 0.4.0 at the beginning of June; then we could
start having a look at such component.

cheers
Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Xtext Book:
http://www.packtpub.com/implementing-domain-specific-languages-with-xtext-and-xtend/book
Forum: EMF-IncQuery
 Topic: Passing arguments to IncQuery Patterns at Runtime
Re: Passing arguments to IncQuery Patterns at Runtime [message #1696406 is a reply to message #1692325] Tue, 26 May 2015 10:28
Pulkit Manocha is currently offline Pulkit ManochaFriend
Messages: 7
Registered: April 2015
Junior Member
Hi!

I had another doubt.
I have been using incquery for search and retrieval of results for now. However, I would like to modify/update/change the results via incquery. Is that possible?

As of now, I rely on post-processing outside incquery to handle any modification I might require but I was curious if incquery's language itself provided some way to do so.
Something along the lines of:
pattern example(F)={
     Friend.Name(F,n);
     ChangeValue n = "newupdatedname";
}



Regards,
Pulkit Manocha
Re: Passing arguments to IncQuery Patterns at Runtime [message #1696416 is a reply to message #1696406] Tue, 26 May 2015 11:20
Zoltan Ujhelyi is currently offline Zoltan UjhelyiFriend
Messages: 252
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

the query language of IncQuery is a dedicated query language: no model manipulation is supported.

However, the VIATRA project features an API to define transformation rules with an IncQuery pattern as condition and Java/Xtend code as an executable action. For more details, see https://wiki.eclipse.org/VIATRA/Transformation_API

Cheers,
Zoltán
Forum: Eclipse 4
 Topic: Detaching and joining views
Re: Detaching and joining views [message #1696370 is a reply to message #1694560] Tue, 26 May 2015 07:27
Koen Staal is currently offline Koen StaalFriend
Messages: 30
Registered: October 2014
Member
The bug report

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=468004
 Topic: Handler activation
Re: Handler activation [message #1696402 is a reply to message #929732] Tue, 26 May 2015 10:02
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Messages: 568
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

as it seems, the support for activeWhen has been replaced by the context
of the respective handler (a nice solution). However, there is currently
no way activate a handler based on the curretn perspective. Am I missing
something? If not, I would open up a BR for that.

Best regards

Jonas



Am 01.10.2012 um 20:08 schrieb Brian de Alwis:
> With E3.x, the handlers were in a flat global namespace, and so the
> activeWhen expressions were to figure out the most specific handler for
> the current situation (e.g., active when the activePartId = xxx).
>
> With E4.x, handlers can be installed on parts, windows, as well as
> globally on the MApplication. Handler look up starts from the active
> part and proceeds upwards. So many of the uses for the activeWhen
> expressions disappeared.
>
> Personally, I'm not too saddened to see the disappearance of lazy
> instantiation -- it's caused my projects more trouble than it's saved.
> But I can see the usefulness of supporting enablement expressions: they
> allow reusing the same handler implementation in other circumstances.
>
> Brian.


--
Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
 Topic: keybindings and actions
Re: keybindings and actions [message #1696417 is a reply to message #1696235] Tue, 26 May 2015 11:29
quest ionnere is currently offline quest ionnereFriend
Messages: 18
Registered: January 2015
Junior Member
Hi Dirk,

thank you for your answer.
My keybindings are defined in the plugin.xml, yet they are not listed in the liveeditor (using the CL).
I think this is a good occasion to change them to commands and handlers.

Forum: Kura
 Topic: Update a Bundle
Re: Update a Bundle [message #1696379 is a reply to message #1696329] Tue, 26 May 2015 08:45
Marco Balzarin is currently offline Marco BalzarinFriend
Messages: 3
Registered: May 2015
Junior Member
Amit Kumar Mondal wrote on Mon, 25 May 2015 18:01
Hi Marco,

First of all, I would like to tell you that Deployment Package is not directly related to OSGi Context. If you have an experience in Eclipse Feature Based Development, it's pretty much same. Basically the benefits of Deployment Package is that you can package similar type of bundles in a deployment package and install it in the OSGi Container. To get a Deployment package installed in the OSGi Container, you need a client bundle which is responsible to unarchive your deployment package and extract its metadata and get the packaged bundles installed into your OSGi container. So. basically it's not a feature of OSGi at all but rather you can consider it as a way of managing your bundles in an effective way. So, you won't be able to find any management methods in BundleContext interface. If you want you can have a look at the source code of client bundle of mtoolkit which is responsible for deployment package metadata retrieval.


First of all thanks for your patience, i am at my very first approach with osgi and Kura.

So, as you suggested, i studied mToolkit source code (and also the Kura's source code itself) and i found two interesting interfaces exposed by osgi: DeploymentPackage (osgi.org/javadoc/r4v42/org/osgi/service/deploymentadmin/DeploymentPackage.html) and DeploymentAdmin (osgi.org/javadoc/r4v42/org/osgi/service/deploymentadmin/DeploymentAdmin.html) that seems to do exactly what i'm trying to develop.

Do you have some knowledge about this? I'm on the right way?
Re: Update a Bundle [message #1696418 is a reply to message #1696379] Tue, 26 May 2015 11:32
Amit Kumar Mondal is currently offline Amit Kumar MondalFriend
Messages: 54
Registered: March 2015
Location: Munich
Member

Hi Marco,

First of all, kudos for your effort. DeploymentAdmin is a specification in OSGi Service Compendium 4.0. It's completely similar to the Eclipse Feature Based Development and it packages the similar resources in a single package. The mToolkit has one implementation of DeploymentAdmin to read Deployment Package resources.

If you want to try your hands on DeploymentAdmin in your other OSGi container, you need to install 3 bundles.


  1. org.apache.felix.dependencymanager
  2. org.apache.felix.deployment.rp.autoconf
  3. org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin


Now you do need to create the Deployment Package (.dp) to package your OSGi bundles. (N.B: mToolkit does provide an easy way to create deployment package)
But it's not restricted to mToolkit. It's pretty easy to create a deployment package on your own.

A deployment package is basically a simple file with a dp filename extension to it. You have to package your bundles into this dp file and create a manifest header in it. The manifest header file is almost similar to your OSGi Bundle manifest file with slight modifications.

Manifest-Version: 1.0
DeploymentPackage-SymbolicName: de.tum.in.dp.bluetooth
DeploymentPackage-Version: 1.0.0
DeploymentPackage-Copyright: Amit Kumar Mondal
DeploymentPackage-ContactAddress: admin@amitinside.com
DeploymentPackage-Description: This deployment package is used to configure Bluetooth Serial Port Profile in Eclipse Kura
DeploymentPackage-Name: Bluetooth Serial Port Profile Configuration

Name: de.tum.in.bluecove.fragment-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
Bundle-SymbolicName: de.tum.in.de.tum.in.bluecove.fragment
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0.SNAPSHOT

Name: de.tum.in.bluecove-2.1.0.jar
Bundle-SymbolicName: de.tum.in.bluecove
Bundle-Version: 2.1.0

Name: de.tum.in.bluetooth-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
Bundle-SymbolicName: de.tum.in.bluetooth
Bundle-Version: 0.0.1.SNAPSHOT


This is very straight forward to comprehend.

Now you can go ahead installing your deployment package.
Re: Update a Bundle [message #1696420 is a reply to message #1696418] Tue, 26 May 2015 11:44
Amit Kumar Mondal is currently offline Amit Kumar MondalFriend
Messages: 54
Registered: March 2015
Location: Munich
Member

For listening to an update event on any of the bundles, packaged inside the Deployment package, you can make use of the same SynchronousBundleListener to the Bundle Event. But before that you need to know the packaged bundles inside the Deployment Package. For that, you can use DeploymentPackage interface to list down the packaged BundleInfo and you will get the symbolic names of all the bundles inside the Deployment Package.

I think this would be pretty much straight forward to listen to change events of bundles which are packaged in a Deployment Package.
Forum: EGit
 Topic: Duplicate RevCommits in RevWalk
Duplicate RevCommits in RevWalk [message #1696421] Tue, 26 May 2015 11:53
Ruici Luo is currently online Ruici LuoFriend
Messages: 7
Registered: March 2012
Junior Member
Scenario:
I want to traverse a repository with multiple branches, e.g.:

C1->C2->C3->C4
branch dev refs C3 while master refs C4.

There are 4 commits and 2 branches in the repository. I want to traverse the repository according to the branch collection and get the whole commits. The expected set is : {C1, C2, C3, C4}.

Code:

Collection<RevCommit> branches;
final RevWalk walk = new RevWalk(repo);
RevCommit commit;
walk.setRetainBody(true);
try {
    walk.markStart(branches);
    while ((commit = walk.next()) != null) {
        logger.info("commit = {}", commit);
    }
} catch (IOException e) {
    throw new GitException(e, repo);
} finally {
    walk.close();
}


but the result is that I get a collection with duplicated elements: {C1, C2, C2, C3, C3, C4}

Can anyone help me solve this issue? Thank you very much.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 May 2015 12:03]

Report message to a moderator

Forum: EMF
 Topic: [OOMPH] ClassCastException on Installer start
[OOMPH] ClassCastException on Installer start [message #1696362] Tue, 26 May 2015 06:08
Oliver Libutzki is currently offline Oliver LibutzkiFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: September 2011
Junior Member
Right after starting the Eclipse installer (Windoes x64) I get a ClassCastException:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry cannot be cast to org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.LazyProfileRegistry
	at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.AgentImpl.initializeProvisioningAgent(AgentImpl.java:443)
	at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.AgentImpl.getProvisioningAgent(AgentImpl.java:472)
	at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.AgentImpl.getProfileRegistry(AgentImpl.java:265)
	at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.AgentImpl$1.initializeFirstTime(AgentImpl.java:98)
	at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.PersistentMap.load(PersistentMap.java:103)
	at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.AgentImpl.<init>(AgentImpl.java:131)
	at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.AgentManagerImpl.getCurrentAgent(AgentManagerImpl.java:171)
	at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.core.P2Util.getCurrentProvisioningAgent(P2Util.java:87)
	at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.installer.InstallerApplication.run(InstallerApplication.java:64)
	at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.installer.InstallerApplication.start(InstallerApplication.java:271)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:669)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:608)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1515)
Re: [OOMPH] ClassCastException on Installer start [message #1696365 is a reply to message #1696362] Tue, 26 May 2015 06:16
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 26594
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Olivier,

There's a bug open about that already.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=468173

(And this is an Oomph issue that should be posted on the Oomph forum,
not the EMF forum.)


On 26/05/2015 8:09 AM, Oliver Libutzki wrote:
> Right after starting the Eclipse installer (Windoes x64) I get a
> ClassCastException:
>
>
> java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry cannot be
> cast to org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.LazyProfileRegistry
> at
> org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.AgentImpl.initializeProvisioningAgent(AgentImpl.java:443)
> at
> org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.AgentImpl.getProvisioningAgent(AgentImpl.java:472)
> at
> org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.AgentImpl.getProfileRegistry(AgentImpl.java:265)
> at
> org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.AgentImpl$1.initializeFirstTime(AgentImpl.java:98)
> at
> org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.PersistentMap.load(PersistentMap.java:103)
> at
> org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.AgentImpl.<init>(AgentImpl.java:131)
> at
> org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.AgentManagerImpl.getCurrentAgent(AgentManagerImpl.java:171)
> at
> org.eclipse.oomph.p2.core.P2Util.getCurrentProvisioningAgent(P2Util.java:87)
> at
> org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.installer.InstallerApplication.run(InstallerApplication.java:64)
> at
> org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.installer.InstallerApplication.start(InstallerApplication.java:271)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:669)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:608)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1515)
>
 Topic: [EMF Forms] Custom controls are not working
[EMF Forms] Custom controls are not working [message #1696412] Tue, 26 May 2015 11:07
Tobias Zangl is currently offline Tobias ZanglFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: May 2015
Junior Member
Hey,

i tried your tutorial about custom controls in the view model (eclipsesource: blogs/tutorials/emf-forms-custom-control-areas/) but i am not able to get it to work.

I created all the files as mentioned and in the view model editor i also added a custom control with the bundle+class name. It is not showing any errors but i guess it is not validating anywhere if the class file can be found? Because if i use an arbitrary class name it is also not showing any errors.

The Domain model reference value is not shown, only a little linked-icon is displayed and again, no error messages anywhere.

The view model part as text:
  <children xsi:type="org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.custom.model:CustomControl" name="custom" bundleName="org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.custom.ui.swt.example" className="org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.custom.ui.swt.example.MyCustomControl">
    <domainModelReference xsi:type="org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.custom.model:CustomDomainModelReference" bundleName="org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.custom.ui.swt.example" className="org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.custom.ui.swt.example.MyCustomDomainModelReference"/>
  </children>


The custom control is not shown in the preview editor nor in the launched application and my debug-messages inserted in the renderControl and getNeededDomainModelReferences methods are not shown in the console either.

Is the tutorial outdated? (SWTControl.class is marked as deprecated for example)

Any ideas or hints why it is not working?

Greetings,
Tobi
 Topic: [Teneo] problem with update site
Re: [Teneo] problem with update site [message #1696384 is a reply to message #1693858] Tue, 26 May 2015 09:10
Thomas Elskens is currently online Thomas ElskensFriend
Messages: 137
Registered: September 2014
Location: Brussels - Belgium
Senior Member
Hello,

First of all sorry for the very late reaction : I somehow did not notice your answer coming by....

The site http://www.elver.org/eclipse/2.1.0/update/ seems to be perfect now, but as of today I can't reach any longer the official site http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/teneo/updates/2.1.0/?d. Perhaps just a temporary network error ... ?

Thomas Elskens

Re: [Teneo] problem with update site [message #1696419 is a reply to message #1696384] Tue, 26 May 2015 11:35
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Messages: 5411
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Thomas,
My mistake, is now back.
http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/teneo/updates/2.1.0/interim/

gr. Martin

On 26-05-15 11:10, Thomas Elskens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First of all sorry for the very late reaction : I somehow did not notice your answer coming by....
> The site http://www.elver.org/eclipse/2.1.0/update/ seems to be perfect now, but as of today I can't reach any longer
> the official site http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/teneo/updates/2.1.0/?d. Perhaps just a temporary network
> error ... ?
>
> Thomas Elskens
>
>


--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@xxxxxxxx - mtaal@xxxxxxxx
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
 Topic: [EMF] How to use container the right way
[EMF] How to use container the right way [message #1696397] Tue, 26 May 2015 09:48
Tobias Zangl is currently offline Tobias ZanglFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: May 2015
Junior Member
Hey,

if i have something like a Helper class and different subclasses like SpecificHelper1, SpecificHelper2..

Now my class A has one reference to one of the helper class instances. But the same instance from for example SpecificHelper1 can belong to many instances of class A.
This means that class A cannot be a container for the Helper class right?
But which class would contain my Helper class instances? (and i think they need a container or otherwise they are not stored in EMF-Store)

My current approach was to create a specific HelperClassList which contains all the helper instances, but if i click the Create-And-Link button of class A then my newly generated helper class is not contained in the HelperClassList but instead in the root model (which is obvious of course). Is there any possibility to change the behaviour of the Create-And-Link button without creating a new view model control so the user doesnt have to move the helper instance himself in the HelperClassList?
Or is there any way to not show instances of a class in the model view tree?

Or is there any better approach than using this HelperClassList as container for the helper classes?

Are ReferenceServices useful in this scenario? (and by the way do you have any tutorial, example for a reference service implementation?)

Thanks for any advice. Smile

Greetings,
Tobi
Re: [EMF] How to use container the right way [message #1696422 is a reply to message #1696397] Tue, 26 May 2015 11:50
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 26594
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Tobias,

Comments below.


On 26/05/2015 11:48 AM, Tobias Zangl wrote:
> Hey,
>
> if i have something like a Helper class and different subclasses like
> SpecificHelper1, SpecificHelper2..
>
> Now my class A has one reference to one of the helper class instances.
> But the same instance from for example SpecificHelper1 can belong to
> many instances of class A.
> This means that class A cannot be a container for the Helper class right?
Yes, containment is exclusive. An instance can be a member of at most
one containment reference.
> But which class would contain my Helper class instances? (and i think
> they need a container or otherwise they are not stored in EMF-Store)
Yes, a reference must have a container or be directly contained by a
resource to be serialized, i.e., EObject.eResource() must not be null.
>
> My current approach was to create a specific HelperClassList which
> contains all the helper instances, but if i click the Create-And-Link
> button of class A then my newly generated helper class is not
> contained in the HelperClassList but instead in the root model (which
> is obvious of course). Is there any possibility to change the
> behaviour of the Create-And-Link button without creating a new view
> model control so the user doesnt have to move the helper instance
> himself in the HelperClassList?
That's more a question about EMF Forms?
> Or is there any way to not show instances of a class in the model view
> tree?
>
> Or is there any better approach than using this HelperClassList as
> container for the helper classes?
>
> Are ReferenceServices useful in this scenario? (and by the way do you
> have any tutorial, example for a reference service implementation?)
>
> Thanks for any advice. :)
>
Hopefully the EMF Forms/Store guys will notice your question is directed
at them.
> Greetings,
> Tobi
Pages (2): [ «    1  2]


Current Time: Tue May 26 12:07:18 GMT 2015

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.05421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software