Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Prefix for Cross GCC
Prefix for Cross GCC [message #1173101] Wed, 06 November 2013 09:37 Go to next message
Bernard Gautier is currently offline Bernard GautierFriend
Hello,

I have two questions:
- First question:
I am trying to compile a project with a cross GCC. Unfortunately I can't figure out how Eclipse is finding the cross GCC tool and how I can specify the prefix (in my case arm-linux-gnueabi-)?

- Second question:
In fact, my problem is a little more complex as I am compiling on a remote machine. Does anyone knows if there is one plugin which enable cross compiling on a remote machine?
To be clearer: My PC is used to edit file with Eclipse and launch compilation. But compilation is done (via ssh) on a remote machine which owns the cross GCC Tools. A mounted drive is used between my machine and the remote machine to access the same files.

Thanks in advance for your help, Bernard.
Re: Prefix for Cross GCC [message #1184334 is a reply to message #1173101] Wed, 13 November 2013 11:29 Go to previous message
Alexander Meier is currently offline Alexander MeierFriend
Hello Bernard,

cross GCC can be activated in the drop box under "Properties --> C/C++ Build --> Tool Chain Editor --> Current toolchain" and you can definde path and prefix under "C/C++ Build --> Settings --> Tool Settings --> Cross Settings". Note that if Eclipse made you a PATH variable under "C/C++ Build --> Environment" you need to replace the path to your compiler in there, too, and if you use an invocation command under "C/C++ Build --> Discovery Options" you need to change the path there as well.

I don't know the answer to your 2nd question, though.

Alex
Previous Topic:Syntax checking while typing
Next Topic:Calling getStatements() on some non-empty CompoundStatements returns []
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:33:24 GMT 2024