Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » How to export-import a complete local tasklist(-tree)?
How to export-import a complete local tasklist(-tree)? [message #1094521] Sun, 25 August 2013 21:35 Go to next message
Michael Moser is currently offline Michael MoserFriend
I am having severe trouble with Eclipse v4.3 (Kepler) - it keeps crashing left and right to me, esp. when right-clicking on objects. I never experienced anything like this with eclipse so far - it's a real nightmare!

Before deciding to retrograde to v4.2 I wanted to give it a last try using a new, clean 4.3 workspace and re-importing my projects into that. But doing so, made my mylyn tasklist disappear! Since I use a lot to keep notes and references this is a must for me!

So, I tried to export that list from the 4.2 WS and import it into the 4.3 WS. But already the export proved to be non-trivial. Selecting the root, caused only the top-level elements to show up in the mylyn-tasks.xml.zip file. Only unfolding the *entire* tree and then selecting ALL elements exported my entire structured tasks list.

I then copied the .mylyn subdirectory over from the 4.2 WS to the 4.3 WS and imported the .zip file. But while all my tasks showed up they are now all in a huge flat list! The entire structure is gone! This is a joke!

How can one export/import a *structured* mylyn task list as-is from one workspace to another?

Michael
Re: How to export-import a complete local tasklist(-tree)? [message #1099876 is a reply to message #1094521] Mon, 02 September 2013 10:34 Go to previous message
Tomasz Zarna is currently offline Tomasz ZarnaFriend
Hi Michael,

Please have a look at these instructions on how to use multiple workspaces with Mylyn. Let me know if that didn't help.

Cheers,
Tomek
Previous Topic:Hyperlink Change review detector
Next Topic:Review 4 Eclipse Previous Versions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 21 11:38:17 GMT 2024