Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » MARTE profile in uml format
MARTE profile in uml format [message #987118] Fri, 23 November 2012 15:41 Go to next message
Kostas Triantafyllidis is currently offline Kostas TriantafyllidisFriend
Hello all.

I am using Eclipse Juno and Eclipse Helios with Papyrus plugin installed. In the past i was using the Papyrus stand alone for MARTE. It seems that this edition is old and so i decided to move forward. In the past by using the standalone Papyrus i have integrated couple of properties in some stereotypes of the MARTE profile which was in UML format and after i exported a customized MARTE profile that was fulfilling my needs. When i tried to integrate this profile as plugin, despite the fact that it seems to apply the stereotypes, when i put a value into some properties i receive error(s). I think that the problem is that the MARTE profile that i had used is old and so probably some hrefs have been updated during the time.
What i am looking for, is a UML version of the MARTE profile that Juno is using 0.9.1 or something in order to modify it as i want. I have searched through the web but i did not find something relative. After that i thought to make a new Papyrus project and create a new profile by importing the MARTE 0.9.1, but when i do that i am not able to customize the new properties i add. Is there any solution on my problem? How can i extend a the MARTE profile and export it as a new profile??
Thank you in advance for your time.

Regards,
Kostas

[Updated on: Fri, 23 November 2012 15:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MARTE profile in uml format [message #988403 is a reply to message #987118] Thu, 29 November 2012 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have not yet found a solution in the aforementioned problem. In the meantime i have downloaded the MARTE model in .xmi format. (I have downloaded this from www.omg.org/spec/MARTE/1.1/)
The .xmi structure cannot be applied as profile. So, i have converted it to uml. I made a lot of modifications for recognizing the uml hrefs. Now despite that the MARTE.profile.uml and the MARTE_Library.library.uml validate, the whole profile is not being applied. For instance when i apply the profile on a model, a popup window appears and i check the MARTE profile. But when i click ok, it does not apply the profile and the model is pure as it was before the profile application. Do you know what the problem could be? During the validation phase i receive couple of warnings, like that the cocktype needs have a default value set, while into the MARTE profile this value is not set. But i do not think that this could be the problem. Any idea how to convert the .xmi profile into .uml?

Regards,
Kostas
Re: MARTE profile in uml format [message #988590 is a reply to message #988403] Fri, 30 November 2012 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello Kostas,

Is there an error available in the Eclipse Error log view when you try to apply your MARTE profile on a Papyrus model? That would be a good starting point.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: MARTE profile in uml format [message #988848 is a reply to message #988590] Mon, 03 December 2012 13:03 Go to previous message
Hello Camille,

I do not receive any error in the logfile so i do not really know what the problem could be.
In the meantime I have downloaded the source code of MARTE from this repository (http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.papyrus/tags/0.9.1_SR1/extraplugins/marte/org.eclipse.papyrus.marte.static.profile )

The problem is that I receive the following error:

org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.IllegalValueException: Value 'org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.impl.PropertyImpl@1308685 (name: hwResource, visibility: <unset>) (isLeaf: false) (isStatic: false) (isOrdered: false, isUnique: false, isReadOnly: false) (aggregation: none, isDerived: false, isDerivedUnion: false, isID: false)' is not legal. (platform:/resource/org.eclipse.papyrus.marte.static.profile/resources/MARTE.profile.uml, 4985, 29)

when I try to open the profile.uml. I used to receive the same error with .xmi version of MARTE. What i used to do in order to overcome this error was to delete the HWCommunication branch and the references to it. This although is not the ideal way to face the problem. Do you know why am I receiving the aforementioned error? Is there any way to overcome this by defining the structure in a different way?

[Updated on: Mon, 03 December 2012 13:04]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:types of interface
Next Topic:'Child Meta Feature' must reference 'Meta Class' or its sub-classes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:18:28 GMT 2024