Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » test for GEF with Jubula
icon5.gif  test for GEF with Jubula [message #891709] Mon, 25 June 2012 14:55 Go to next message
Nicolas Hays is currently offline Nicolas HaysFriend
I need to write a test for GEF with Jubula. I have read the document, but it is not clear enough for me:

First I couldn't find gef toolkit. I just found the choice for the project as concrete toolkit, rcp toolkit and swt toolkit; for the AUT as html toolkit, swing toolkit, swt toolkit and rcp toolkit. But it didn't work.

Second I didn't understand how to "add GEF accessibility to the AUT" well. And I didn't find any good examples.

Is there anyone who has done something in this field? Could you explain to me? Thank you very much...
Re: test for GEF with Jubula [message #892123 is a reply to message #891709] Wed, 27 June 2012 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Did you read the section in the user manual on "Testing GEF AUTs"? That chapter explains which toolkit to choose when creating a project. The accessibility is optional, but if you want to understand it more, then at the end of the section on adding accessibility, there is a reference to an example that is installed with the standalone version of Jubula.

HTH,
Alex
Re: test for GEF with Jubula [message #892137 is a reply to message #892123] Wed, 27 June 2012 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reponse. I have tried as the document says. But I couldn't find the actions for the GEF composites.

And for the example for adding accessibility in the reference, when I import in eclipse as it says, there is a mistake
"Cannot nest 'D:Utilisateurs/A534346/Desktop/eclipse-jee-indigo-SR2-win32-x86_64/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp_1.1.0.201109140653/resources' inside library 'D:Utilisateurs/A534346/Desktop/eclipse-jee-indigo-SR2-win32-x86_64/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp_1.1.0.201109140653'".

I have tried to change the plugin "org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp", but I didn't succeed. Can you help with the two problems? Thank you very much.
  • Attachment: parallelJ.png
    (Size: 54.07KB, Downloaded 250 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 27 June 2012 08:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: test for GEF with Jubula [message #892146 is a reply to message #892123] Wed, 27 June 2012 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marzia maugeri is currently offline marzia maugeriFriend
Hi Nicolas,
I'm testing my own RCP application where inside I use GEF editor. So I created a testsuite for testing GEF objects.
In your project you need to add as "Used Project": unbound_modules_rcp (from Test->Properties), this test library includes all main actions
that you can do on Figure Canvas (Check,Select,Click,Drag&Drop)
Any GEF object can be considered as FigureCanvas, so you need to follow three simple steps in order to create a test case for your GEF object:
1) Doing Object Mapping of your figure canvas. In this case you'll map GEF editor of your appliaction and you'll match it as new Component name.
2) Adding new test step where:
a) Component type: Figure Canvas
b) Component Name: is one created in ste 1)
c) Action: for example "Click in Figure"
3) Identifying which is TextPath parameter of figure canvas inside GEF Editor:
a) you have to open "Inspector View" (from Window->Show Views)
b) click on "Activate Inspector"
c) over on figure canvas inside GEF editor and you'll see a blue rectangle above figure canvas
d) click figure canvas
e) into "Inspector View" you'll find textpath associated to figure canvas clicked in d)
f) Copy and Paste this path into Textpath parameter
In this way you have created a new test case which can be added in your testsuite Smile

Sorry for my poor english, and I hope that my explanation has been useful for you

Re: test for GEF with Jubula [message #892168 is a reply to message #892146] Wed, 27 June 2012 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much and your explanation really helps me a lot. I didn't add unbound_modules_rcp. That's very kind of you to explain so clearly. Thank you very much.
Re: test for GEF with Jubula [message #997979 is a reply to message #892168] Wed, 09 January 2013 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu Parmar is currently offline Himanshu ParmarFriend
Hi, I am also trying to test my RCP application which has a GEF editor in it. I have followed the steps Marzia has given. I am able to capture the textpath for the canvas and GEF components. When I use click in figure step to click into canvas, it clicks the canvas but it does not able to click the component inside canvas.

Could you tell me what steps have you used for this? I have attached screen shot of the canvas for your reference.

Thanks,
Himanshu
  • Attachment: Canvas.JPG
    (Size: 24.05KB, Downloaded 233 times)
Re: test for GEF with Jubula [message #998112 is a reply to message #997979] Wed, 09 January 2013 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Kolesov is currently offline Alexander KolesovFriend
Hi, try to use ub_fcv_clickFigure_byTextPath
This keyword selects component on a canvas

Thanks,
Alex
Re: test for GEF with Jubula [message #998145 is a reply to message #998112] Wed, 09 January 2013 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Alex for the reply. Please find below the steps I followed.

1) Added step ub_fcv_clickFigure_byTextPath.
2) Started Inspector and captured the component on the canvas.
3) I can see textpath hierarchy like below: com............composite.editor.edit.parts.Composite2EditPart_1 -com...........composite.editor.edit.parts.CompositeComponentsCompartmentEditPart_1
-com...........composite.editor.edit.parts.ComponentEditPart_1

4) I copied the last textpath and pasted into the textpath field of "ub_fcv_clickFigure_byTextPath" step.

5) In OM mode, captured the figure canvas[As only canvas has green borders]. Mapped component name to technical name.

6) Run the test. It fails with error "click figure by textpath - 0:00:00.078 [com...........composite.editor.edit.parts.ComponentEditPart_1,equals,1,1]"

Please let me know if I have missed anything.

Thanks,
Himanshu
Re: test for GEF with Jubula [message #998154 is a reply to message #998145] Wed, 09 January 2013 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Kolesov is currently offline Alexander KolesovFriend
4) I copied the last textpath and pasted into the textpath field of "ub_fcv_clickFigure_byTextPath" step.
Try to copy/paste the whole hierarchy path from GEF Inspector , like
com............composite.editor.edit.parts.Composite2EditPart_1/com...........composite.editor.edit.parts.CompositeComponentsCompartmentEditPart_1/com...........composite.editor.edit.parts.ComponentEditPart_1

Just select 'Copy hierarchy' from context menu of the last child node in GEF inspector after you recognized component.
Hope it would help
Re: test for GEF with Jubula [message #998595 is a reply to message #998154] Thu, 10 January 2013 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Alex. i got this working after I copied the textpath hierarchy.

I have read in the doc that it is recommended to implement an accessibility plug-in for the application which uses GEF controls. For this reason, I am trying to create this plug-in. But before that I tried to run the GEF example which is available with the Jubula Installation. For running this example, I following the steps as below:

1) Copied the accessibility plug-in (org.eclipse.jubula.examples.extension.rcp.gef.logic.identifier)from "JubulaInstallationDir\examples\development\gef" folder to plugins folder of GEFExample AUT (JubulaInstallationDir\examples\AUTs\GEFExample\plugins).
2) Re-Started Jubula and AUT Agent. In OM mode, I am still not able to see the green borders around the logic editparts inside the canvas.

Am I missing something? Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Himanshu
Re: test for GEF with Jubula [message #1004511 is a reply to message #998595] Wed, 23 January 2013 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Does anyone have any idea about this? I am stuck as not able to run the Logic GEF example only which is packaged with Jubula installation.
Please help.

Thanks,
Himanshu
Re: test for GEF with Jubula [message #1004518 is a reply to message #1004511] Wed, 23 January 2013 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sushant Sirsikar is currently offline Sushant SirsikarFriend
Hi All,
I am also stuck with the issue same as observed by Himanshu. In 'org.eclipse.jubula.examples.extension.rcp.gef.logic.identifier' plug-in provided by Jubula, I added some logs to check whether it's coming to AdapterFactory or not. But I could not see any logs after hovering over the GateEditPart. I am not seeing the Green border around the GateEditPart.
IS only coping 'org.eclipse.jubula.examples.extension.rcp.gef.logic.identifier' plugin to 'GEF AUT RCP' enough for recognizing the editparts?

Thanks
Re: test for GEF with Jubula [message #1005166 is a reply to message #1004518] Thu, 24 January 2013 15:24 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Two things:
- the border in GEF should not be green, it should be blue Wink
- it's possible that, for whatever reason, the border is not shown. Can you collect the figure even without the border?

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Getting Execution Error: "component must be showing on the screen to determine its locatio
Next Topic:Jubula with RCP application which uses GEF components.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:49:53 GMT 2024