Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Include works, namespace could not be resolved
icon13.gif  Include works, namespace could not be resolved [message #854913] Tue, 24 April 2012 10:59 Go to next message
Fred Duff is currently offline Fred DuffFriend
Well I guess I didn't have enough yet. I'm soon going to find another IDE if this doesn't work lol... Anyway

Here's the problem: Everything works. I've included irrlicht.h successfully, the editor doesn't give any error. Then, I try "using namespace irr" which IS included in irrlicht.h (I checked!) but then Eclipse says irr could not be resolved!

Screenshot best describes the problem:
dl dot dropbox dot com/u/52854878/namespaceProblem.png

What do?
Re: Include works, namespace could not be resolved [message #854935 is a reply to message #854913] Tue, 24 April 2012 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Can the editor resolve irrlicht.h, i.e. when you select it and press F3 will it open the correct header file?
Did you rebuild your index (right click on project and then Index->Rebuild)?
Where did you add the include path for irrlicht.h?
Do you have your own Makefile or do you let Eclipse generate it?

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Include works, namespace could not be resolved [message #855021 is a reply to message #854935] Tue, 24 April 2012 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fred Duff is currently offline Fred DuffFriend
So I had closed Eclipse and went to do something else and when I opened it to answer your questions, that namespace problem was fixed.

Now to answer your question:
F3 opens the correct header file.
Just rebuilt the index. Didn't change anything.
Included in Project -> Properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols. I added C:\irrlicht\include as a folder.
I let Eclipse generate the Makefile.

So everything looks like it's working. Onwards with the tutorial. If something goes wrong, I'll gladly ask here! You've been much helpful!

Edit: Arh, this I can't be sure is a problem with Eclipse but... "undefined reference to `_imp__createDevice' IrrlichtTutorial.cpp"

Edit2: GAWD I fixed it. So I had to put the library path to my Irrlicht lib, and then add "Irrlicht" in libraries. That's what ld expects. 100% working now. Thank you very much.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 April 2012 15:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Include works, namespace could not be resolved [message #855222 is a reply to message #855021] Tue, 24 April 2012 16:10 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Fred Duff wrote on Tue, 24 April 2012 15:09
So I had closed Eclipse and went to do something else and when I opened it to answer your questions, that namespace problem was fixed.

The index is refreshed when you reopen the project Smile

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Terminate running process
Next Topic:Can CDT load previously opened files on demand on startup?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:05:23 GMT 2024