Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » AMP » printing messages on console
printing messages on console [message #743258] Fri, 21 October 2011 09:22 Go to next message
giorgos  is currently offline giorgos Friend
Hello,
I would like to ask how I could print some messages or information about the values of some variables for example, on the console or in a log file during model execution. I used System.out.println() in the body of a Rule method but it does not appear to work.
Re: printing messages on console [message #743658 is a reply to message #743258] Fri, 21 October 2011 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Did you check the System console? They won't go directly to the Eclipse console unless you're running in self-hosted mode.
Re: printing messages on console [message #747829 is a reply to message #743658] Mon, 24 October 2011 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
giorgos  is currently offline giorgos Friend
How can I check the System console? Furthermore, I've tried to send the messages to a file. The code I wrote inside the Rule method is the following :

try{
// Create file

java.io.FileWriter fstream = new java.io.FileWriter("out.txt");
java.io.BufferedWriter out = new java.io.BufferedWriter(fstream);
out.write("Hello");
out.close();

}catch (Exception e){//Catch exception if any

System.err.println("Error: " + e.getMessage());
}
When I execute the model, no such file is created in the workspace. However, when I put this code in a class in another project and run it as a java application it works. Do you have any idea about why it works in the second case and not in the first?
Re: printing messages on console [message #756103 is a reply to message #747829] Thu, 10 November 2011 22:44 Go to previous message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Wow, I'm still not getting notifications. Sad Sorry for the late reply.

The relative location of any files is going to be wherever you started Eclipse, *not* the workspace. Try an absolute file location, or use the Eclipse file API.

For the system console, that's system specific. For example on the Mac it's in Applications/Utilities.
Previous Topic:Debugging an escape model
Next Topic:Problems with stupid model tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:37:01 GMT 2024