Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Using phantom nodes
Using phantom nodes [message #555919] Mon, 30 August 2010 08:45 Go to next message
Gerd Kainz is currently offline Gerd KainzFriend
Hi,

I'm new to GMF and currently trying display contained nodes not in a compartment. Instead I want to display the nodes as external nodes with links. Thereby I read about phantom nodes, but I'm not able to get them working.

I set up a simplified test project and managed to get rid of the error messages form the gmfmap editor, but now the generated code contains some errors.

Can anyone help me?
The project can be downloaded here: https:// www.fortiss.org/fileadmin/user_upload/_temp_/TestProject.zip

I'm using Eclipse 3.6 with GMF 2.3.

Why isn't it possible to just define that for this kind of nodes the gmf editor has to create a node and a link at the same time and make them belonging to each other all the time?

Best regards,
Gerd
Re: Using phantom nodes [message #558183 is a reply to message #555919] Fri, 10 September 2010 13:01 Go to previous message
Gerd Kainz is currently offline Gerd KainzFriend
Hi,

since I get no answer on my question. I played around with it.
I tried the example about phantom nodes of EuGENia and the generated code had the same errors as my example (Eclipse 3.6, GMF 1.4.0, GMF SDK 2.3.0). When I tried the EuGENia example on Eclipse 3.5 with GMF 1.3.0 and GMF SDK 2.2.2 it worked.

After making some changes to the generated code of Eclipse 3.6 with GMF 1.4.0 and GMF SDK 2.3.0 the code works there as well.

• Changed for loop in getXYZSemanticChildren of xxx.diagram.part.XXXDiagramUpdater
  • Uncommented refreshSemantics in xxx.phantom.edit.policies.XYZCanonicalEditPolicy

What's the refreshSemantics method needed for?

Is there a way of using GMF 1.3.0 and GMF SDK 2.2.2 in Eclipse 3.6? I played a round with it but run always into troubles with conflicting different versions of the same plugin.

Best regards,
Gerd
Previous Topic:Newbie, no Nodes or Links shown in Create GMFMap model dialog
Next Topic:ConnectionBendpointEditPolicy override
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:45:06 GMT 2024