Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » JSDT editor in java project(How to enable javascript editor code complete on jsp file)
JSDT editor in java project [message #553719] Wed, 18 August 2010 15:21 Go to next message
Yang Li is currently offline Yang LiFriend
So I'm editing a jsp file with embedded javascript. But the editor does not autocomplete the javascript portion, only the java portion. The only way I can get javascript autocomplete to work is if I create a javascript project with the ECMA libraries and make a JS file. Is there a way to make javascript code assist work in a jsp file? Thanks.
Re: JSDT editor in java project [message #553722 is a reply to message #553719] Wed, 18 August 2010 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Tewksbury is currently offline Ian TewksburyFriend
By "autocomplete" do you mean you expect content assist to automatically open as you type?

Or do you mean you trying to invoke content assist (default key-binding ctrl-space) and it is not doing anything?

Blue Skies,

~Ian

Ian Tewksbury
WTP JavaScript Tools
IBM Rational
-----
“When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” ~Leonardo da Vinci
Re: JSDT editor in java project [message #553744 is a reply to message #553719] Wed, 18 August 2010 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Both, it doesn't open when I type and if I do ctr-space it says no default proposals.
Re: JSDT editor in java project [message #553768 is a reply to message #553744] Wed, 18 August 2010 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What type of project are you in?

Check the Project facets of the project and make sure the "JavaScript" facet is enabled.

Blue Skies,

~Ian

Ian Tewksbury
WTP JavaScript Tools
IBM Rational
-----
“When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” ~Leonardo da Vinci
Re: JSDT editor in java project [message #553786 is a reply to message #553719] Wed, 18 August 2010 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I made some progress, by enabling the facet i now can get code assist when using ctr space, How do I make it automatic (as in when I type dot, it comes up)?
Re: JSDT editor in java project [message #553843 is a reply to message #553786] Thu, 19 August 2010 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mauro Molinari is currently offline Mauro MolinariFriend
Il 18/08/2010 23.09, Yang Li ha scritto:
> Ok, I made some progress, by enabling the facet i now can get code
> assist when using ctr space, How do I make it automatic (as in when I
> type dot, it comes up)?

AFAIK, automatic proposal is not the default behaviour in Eclipse, you
have to type Ctrl+Space to issue it.
Anyway, it seems to me there's something related to your need in Window
| Preferences | JavaScript | Editor | Content Assist.

Mauro.
Re: JSDT editor in java project [message #553944 is a reply to message #553786] Thu, 19 August 2010 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yang Li wrote on Wed, 18 August 2010 17:09
Ok, I made some progress, by enabling the facet i now can get code assist when using ctr space, How do I make it automatic (as in when I type dot, it comes up)?

This seems to be a bug that auto activation does not work in Javascript regions. Bug 305209 fixed this problem for Java regions in JSPs. Could you please report this to Bugzilla and report the bug number back here.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=JSDT

Blue Skies,

~Ian

Ian Tewksbury
WTP JavaScript Tools
IBM Rational
-----

[Updated on: Thu, 19 August 2010 13:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JSDT editor in java project [message #554018 is a reply to message #553944] Thu, 19 August 2010 17:22 Go to previous message
Bug 323177
Previous Topic:Programmatic Adding IClasspathEntry to Web Deployment Assembly
Next Topic:WTP can be installed on top of HPUX eclipse SDK?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:51:58 GMT 2024