Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Extension support for EMFCompareStructureMergeViewer
Extension support for EMFCompareStructureMergeViewer [message #1580158] Fri, 23 January 2015 10:16 Go to next message
Idrissa Dieng is currently offline Idrissa DiengFriend
I would like to perform in my use some actions before calling the compareInputChanged(ComparisonScopeInput input, IProgressMonitor monitor) method of the org.eclipse.emf.compare.ide.ui.internal.structuremergeviewer.EMFCompareStructureMergeViewer class.
But all compareInputChanged methods are private (from my extended class), e.g.,

void compareInputChanged(ComparisonScopeInput input, IProgressMonitor monitor) {
}

Is this possible to define them as protected in order to allow subclasses to implement specific behavior?
Or did you have an existing mechanism to do such kind of actions?

Thanks in advance for the support.
Re: Extension support for EMFCompareStructureMergeViewer [message #1585475 is a reply to message #1580158] Mon, 26 January 2015 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi,

The EMFCompareStructureMergeViewer class is not meant to be subclassed and we _will_ break its compatibility in future version (whether major or not). What exactly are you trying to achieve? We might be able to point you towards the right APIs, or see what can be opened.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: Extension support for EMFCompareStructureMergeViewer [message #1586032 is a reply to message #1585475] Mon, 26 January 2015 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

thanks for the response.

I want to delay the model loading process in order to perfom it only if needed when opeing the EMF compare editor just before the model difference checking. And I want to reuse the "same" progress monitor (a sub monitor) used by this method for loading the models.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 January 2015 09:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Extension support for EMFCompareStructureMergeViewer [message #1589129 is a reply to message #1586032] Wed, 28 January 2015 08:54 Go to previous message
Hi Mr. Goubet,

can you please tell me if you have annother way or "API" to do this kind of action?

FYI, our customer have their own model loading process and requires this kind of action as described before.

Can you please say me what can be done or not?
This will be usefull for us before taking any decisions to check others alternatives or solutions for comparing models.

Thanks in advance!
Previous Topic:How to implement swt Graphical Compare of 2 text files
Next Topic:Diff include change to EStructuralFeature ID
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 19:53:09 GMT 2024