Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Spatiotemporal Epidemiological Modeler (STEM) » Create & Run Scenarios and Experiment using Script
Create & Run Scenarios and Experiment using Script [message #1403469] Wed, 23 July 2014 23:26 Go to next message
Yash Garg is currently offline Yash GargFriend
Hi, I am working on STEM Disease simulation for my Thesis. I need to a way to write a script to create and run STEM scenarios, and also, the feature of STEM- EXPERIMENT. I looks around the STEM Developers SetUp Page. Right now I have setup the stem source code 2.0.1 on my machine. I want to avoid any interaction with the STEM GUI for both creation and execution.
Re: Create & Run Scenarios and Experiment using Script [message #1405571 is a reply to message #1403469] Thu, 07 August 2014 17:08 Go to previous message
James Kaufman is currently offline James KaufmanFriend
Yash,
I think the easiest way for you to do this might be to
1) Download an example scenario (maybe the Mexico-USA pandemic scenario would be fun)
2) Navigate to your workspace and look at all of the files inside that scenario folder.

3) Create an empty stem project (this will generate the sub-folders you need)
4) Your script would need to create all/any of the files for your scenario.
scenario file
model file
decorator files (diseases and populations)
etc.

Actually you might want to follow instruction on the wiki or youtube to generate a very simple scenario and then use your script to do that.

Please note - with your script you can only reference models that already exist. TO generate an entirely new model you could use the STEM model generator and then reference it too. Here's the link for running STEM headless.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/STEM_Headless

Previous Topic:STEM release 2.0.2 is out
Next Topic: Regional Climate Data in STEM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:33:10 GMT 2024