Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Proper architecture to extend CDT debugger
Proper architecture to extend CDT debugger [message #1387948] Wed, 25 June 2014 20:37 Go to next message
David Wootton is currently offline David WoottonFriend
I am starting to implement plugins that extend the CDT debugger for gdb on Linux to start, where I need to issue some additional commands to gdb and where the effects of those commands should be transparent to anything else in the debugger, and replace the debugger tab in the debugger configuration dialog.

Looking at your wiki, it looks like the DSF implementation is the one I use because CDI is deprecated. However I also see references to EDC. Do I need to consider that?

I found the wiki page that provides some detail about extending a DSF based debugger and the DSF tutorial in the CDT plugin developer's guide. I also downloaded the full CDT source from the master branch.

Is there any other documentation I should be looking at?

Thanks
Re: Proper architecture to extend CDT debugger [message #1388632 is a reply to message #1387948] Thu, 26 June 2014 18:40 Go to previous message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
Hi,

EDC is no longer being worked on as far as I know.

The way for you is to extend the DSF-GDB plugins. Here is a wiki that can help:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/cdt-debug-dsf-gdb-extensibility

Marc
Previous Topic:alignas keyword in the CDT editor
Next Topic:cdtdebug.sh missing eclipse binary?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 19:28:37 GMT 2024