Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » FigureCanvas and automatic Scrollbars
FigureCanvas and automatic Scrollbars [message #238192] Fri, 31 August 2007 04:15
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: jpr48.cornell.edu

Hello

I am developing an Eclipse plugin for the language that my employer publishes (DB/C, aka
Databus, aka PL/B). I am using the GEF to make a gui painter. I am having a little difficulty
with the automatic scrollbars of the FigureCanvas.

I want to use these scrollbars because they work beautifully with rulers.

My extension of org.eclipse.gef.ui.parts.GraphicalEditor and its associated FigureCanvas is
embedded in a org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas. The Canvas has a fixed size which is set by the
user. The Canvas in turn is embedded in a org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite which is part of a
MultiPageEditor.

The amount of screen real estate can change at the user's whim. When the available space is less
than the fixed size of the Canvas I want scroll bars to appear.

I have this partially working. I listen for Control events from the enclosing Composite and I
tell the FigureCanvas to change its size. This seems to work, but not exactly the way that I
want it to. The scroll bars appear when any embedded IFigure is obscured, which makes sense. But
I would like them to appear when any part of the Canvas is obscured, regardless if any IFigures
are obscured.

I have tried to put an invisible IFigure at the lower right to see if it forces the scrollbars,
but I am getting inconsistent results.

Can anyone offer me advice?
Previous Topic:property changed and commandStack
Next Topic:How does the model get informed about outcome of layout algorithm?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:19:57 GMT 2024