Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Loading a file causes layout problems
Loading a file causes layout problems [message #237099] Fri, 20 July 2007 07:01 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ralffrotscher.web.de

Hello.

I've the following problem:

I create an editpart with another editpart as its children and than save the file. Then load the file and everything is okay but if I move the first created editpart (the parent), the child doesn't move.
This child editpart rest in its position. It seems that after loading the child doesn't know that it has a parent because without loading the problem doesn't exist.

I hope you can help me.

Greetings,
Ralf
Re: Loading a file causes layout problems [message #237140 is a reply to message #237099] Tue, 24 July 2007 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Boyko is currently offline Alex BoykoFriend
Hi,

You need ensure that your parent editpart is still a parent editpart after
you loaded everything from the file. Also, ensure that proper edit
policies are installed on the editparts.
Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Alex
Re: Loading a file causes layout problems [message #237206 is a reply to message #237099] Thu, 26 July 2007 06:56 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ralffrotscher.web.de

Hi.

I solved the problem. I maintain the layout information(position and size) of all graphical objects in my model. And the problem was that if I moved a parent edit part the layout information of the children weren't set. Now I update the layout information of all children recursively. That works.

Thanks Alex for your answer.
Previous Topic:draw2d: label follows figure
Next Topic:Remove Run As, Debug As, Team, etc from the context menu within the GEF editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:14:43 GMT 2024