Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Eclipse failed to run Installed Plug-ins(Eclipse fail to deploy the PyDev and the SVN Plug-ins on Ubuntu)
Eclipse failed to run Installed Plug-ins [message #1341621] Thu, 08 May 2014 15:19 Go to next message
Gilmar Sinhorin is currently offline Gilmar SinhorinFriend
Hi,
I would like your help to figure out the problem described below.

The PyDev for Eclipse plugin and the Subversion SVN (connectors, Integrator.., JDT, Team
Provider..) were installed on Eclipse 3.7.2/Indigo. The plugins are listed in the "Installed
Software" tab, but doesn't show up in the Plug-ins tab in the Eclipse Platform Installation
Detail. Also doesn't show up in the "Open Perspective"

The eclipse was installed on Linux/vm/Ubuntu as described in the following items
- Eclipse:
- sudo apt-get install eclipse
- SVN:
- Installed through eclipse from the eclipse download site
- download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo
- Py Dev
- Download manually from the site - (pydev org manual_101_install.html)
- Unzipped into /usr/share/eclipse/dropins

I tried the following aproach to make work, but didn't workout.
- Restart the Eclipse a couple of time.
- Launch the e-clipse in debug mode:
- eclipse -clean -console -consoleLog
- Launch eclipse with debug and reconcile set to true
- eclipse -clean -console -consoleLog -debug /tmp/.options
- cat /tmp/.options
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core/debug=true
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core/reconciler=true

I also google for other possible solutions, but I didn't find.
I really appreciate your suggestions and feedback to get the plug-ins deployed on Linux running on Ubuntu.

Thanks,
Gilmar
Re: Eclipse failed to run Installed Plug-ins [message #1342130 is a reply to message #1341621] Thu, 08 May 2014 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
You are trying to use the version of Eclipse in the Ubuntu repositories and then install plugins downloaded directly from the eclipse.org and pydev.org site. This won't work. You should uninstall the eclipse version from the repository and download directly the Eclipse you want from the eclipse.org site and unzip it to install.
Re: Eclipse failed to run Installed Plug-ins [message #1348029 is a reply to message #1342130] Sun, 11 May 2014 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks David,

I uninstall and installed as you suggested and I had no problem to install the plug-ins. It works for me.

Right now I'm having problem to import my library. I am getting "Unresolved Imports", which is related to my customized library. I tried to fix the problem by added the libraries in the "External Libraries" in "PyDev - PYTHONPATH", but didn't work.

I appreciate any suggestion to fix this issue related with project configuration.

Thanks,
Gilmar
Re: Eclipse failed to run Installed Plug-ins [message #1348030 is a reply to message #1342130] Sun, 11 May 2014 19:02 Go to previous message
Thanks David,

I uninstall and installed as you suggested and I had no problem to install the plug-ins. It works for me.

Right now I'm having problem to import my library. I am getting "Unresolved Imports", which is related to my customized library. I tried to fix the problem by added the libraries in the "External Libraries" in "PyDev - PYTHONPATH", but didn't work.

I appreciate any suggestion to fix this issue related with project configuration.

Thanks,
Gilmar
Previous Topic:Check plugin availability
Next Topic:Why is bundeling prefered
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:16:13 GMT 2024