Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » [XSLT Tools] XML Catalog in xsl:include
[XSLT Tools] XML Catalog in xsl:include [message #228898] Fri, 13 March 2009 15:20 Go to next message
Piotr Czapla is currently offline Piotr Czapla
Messages: 1
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,
Does anyone know if it is possible to use XML Catalogs in XSL Tools to
transform an external xsl:include to a cached one?

I would like to be able to validate an xsl template that contains
references to external xsl templates. The references look like the one
below:

<xsl:include
href="http://www.interwoven.com/livesite/xsl/HTMLTemplates.xsl"/>

I use XSL Tools version 1.0M5. I've tried an OASIS catalog with the
following instructions:

<rewriteURI uriStartString="http://www.interwoven.com/"
rewritePrefix="./"/>
<rewriteSystem systemIdStartString="http://www.interwoven.com/"
rewritePrefix="./"/>

But the XSLT Project doesn’t seem to pick that up (I’ve added the catalog
to the XML catalog preferences panel).

I hope that this would be possible, because xalan transformation engine is
able to read oasis catalogs out of the box.

If that isn’t implemented can anyone point me to place where I should
start to read how can i contribute to the project? I’m pretty new to the
Eclipse community

Regards,
Piotr Czapla
Re: [XSLT Tools] XML Catalog in xsl:include [message #228932 is a reply to message #228898] Fri, 13 March 2009 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: dcarver.starstandard.org

Currently it doesn't look at the XML Catalog, but it is a good idea. We
would just need to setup the appropriate resolver to pass to Xalan, and
also have the XSL Tools editor be aware when navigating in includes and
imports.

As for how to contribute, this page should help get you going.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/XSLT_Project

Dave


Piotr Czapla wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone know if it is possible to use XML Catalogs in XSL Tools to
> transform an external xsl:include to a cached one?
>
> I would like to be able to validate an xsl template that contains
> references to external xsl templates. The references look like the one
> below:
>
> <xsl:include
> href="http://www.interwoven.com/livesite/xsl/HTMLTemplates.xsl"/>
>
> I use XSL Tools version 1.0M5. I've tried an OASIS catalog with the
> following instructions:
>
> <rewriteURI uriStartString="http://www.interwoven.com/"
> rewritePrefix="./"/>
> <rewriteSystem systemIdStartString="http://www.interwoven.com/"
> rewritePrefix="./"/>
>
> But the XSLT Project doesn�t seem to pick that up (I�ve added the
> catalog to the XML catalog preferences panel).
>
> I hope that this would be possible, because xalan transformation engine
> is able to read oasis catalogs out of the box.
> If that isn�t implemented can anyone point me to place where I should
> start to read how can i contribute to the project? I�m pretty new to the
> Eclipse community
>
> Regards,
> Piotr Czapla
>
>
>
Re: [XSLT Tools] XML Catalog in xsl:include [message #228940 is a reply to message #228898] Fri, 13 March 2009 23:07 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: dcarver.starstandard.org

Forgot to mention that I opened bug 268622 for this request.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=268622

You might also be interested in the OASIS XML Catalog 1.1 support that
is being worked on as well:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=112284

Dave


Piotr Czapla wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone know if it is possible to use XML Catalogs in XSL Tools to
> transform an external xsl:include to a cached one?
>
> I would like to be able to validate an xsl template that contains
> references to external xsl templates. The references look like the one
> below:
>
> <xsl:include
> href="http://www.interwoven.com/livesite/xsl/HTMLTemplates.xsl"/>
>
> I use XSL Tools version 1.0M5. I've tried an OASIS catalog with the
> following instructions:
>
> <rewriteURI uriStartString="http://www.interwoven.com/"
> rewritePrefix="./"/>
> <rewriteSystem systemIdStartString="http://www.interwoven.com/"
> rewritePrefix="./"/>
>
> But the XSLT Project doesn�t seem to pick that up (I�ve added the
> catalog to the XML catalog preferences panel).
>
> I hope that this would be possible, because xalan transformation engine
> is able to read oasis catalogs out of the box.
> If that isn�t implemented can anyone point me to place where I should
> start to read how can i contribute to the project? I�m pretty new to the
> Eclipse community
>
> Regards,
> Piotr Czapla
>
>
>
Previous Topic:Latest Stable Build Required (M5 preferred)
Next Topic:marker & squiggle creation problem after XML validation
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Sep 18 01:51:53 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04204 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software