Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse(Kepler 4.3.2) Source not found when clicking on Java console
Eclipse(Kepler 4.3.2) Source not found when clicking on Java console [message #1315256] Fri, 25 April 2014 22:08 Go to next message
Sergio Mendez is currently offline Sergio MendezFriend
I have a run configuration that I have been using to test some code. When my working directory is set to the Default of: ${workspace_loc:Evolution}, and an exception is shown in the Java console, I can click on the java class name in the console, and the java editor pops up in Eclipse without any problems.

If I change the working directory to an external system directory, and try to do the same thing, I suddenly get a popup error about the source not being found.

I know that the Source lookup tab is configured correctly because:
1. As I just mentioned, when using the default working directory, everything works fine.
2. I can set breakpoints when running in the debugger, and Eclipse will stop at the appropriate class, and show it in the editor.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something extra step here that I need to do when changing the run configuration working directory to an external system directory?

Thanks in advance,

Sergio
Re: Eclipse(Kepler 4.3.2) Source not found when clicking on Java console [message #1317091 is a reply to message #1315256] Sat, 26 April 2014 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Is there a class/jar file that gets resolved from the external location
when you run in the external directory? If so, this would possible
prevent Eclipse from being able to associated the runtime class with the
source inside of your Eclipse project.
Re: Eclipse(Kepler 4.3.2) Source not found when clicking on Java console [message #1320326 is a reply to message #1317091] Mon, 28 April 2014 18:33 Go to previous message
Sergio Mendez is currently offline Sergio MendezFriend
Thanks for the pointer. I think that was it. The process I was debugging did some class loading as part of its run. I think that is what messed up the console source lookup.

As a quick experiment, I changed the working directory to be a different place in my filesystem, and i was able to click on the console when I got an exception, and browse to the appropriate class.

Thanks,

Sergio
Previous Topic:Extra tabs for certain files missing?
Next Topic:Internal error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:43:10 GMT 2024