Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » doPost doGet not generated
doPost doGet not generated [message #221232] Thu, 11 September 2008 07:14 Go to next message
John Bailo is currently offline John BailoFriend
Messages: 34
Registered: July 2009
Member
I created a Web/Servlet class, and checked doPost() and doGet() but the
stub methods and imports were not generated.

All I got was a blank file.
Re: doPost doGet not generated [message #221240 is a reply to message #221232] Thu, 11 September 2008 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend
Messages: 3265
Registered: July 2009
Location: Provo, Utah, USA
Senior Member

John Bailo wrote:
> I created a Web/Servlet class, and checked doPost() and doGet() but the
> stub methods and imports were not generated.
>
> All I got was a blank file.
>

There's not enough information for me to tell exactly what's not
happening for you. If you're new to WTP and haven't followed a tutorial,
I'd suggest starting there. Perhaps this fairly recent one:

http://www.windofkeltia.com/j2ee/wtp-tutorial.html

I don't mean you have to do the tutorial, but read through the bits that
correspond to what you were doing and see if something doesn't dawn on
you like the type of project you created, etc.

Hope this helps,

Russ Bateman
Re: doPost doGet not generated [message #221246 is a reply to message #221232] Thu, 11 September 2008 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaloyan Raev is currently offline Kaloyan RaevFriend
Messages: 189
Registered: July 2009
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Senior Member
May be you fall in the situation of bug 243378:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=243378

If not, then please provide more detailed steps to reproduce.

Greetings, Kaloyan

"John Bailo" <John.Bailo@Bowne.com> wrote in message
news:bc6b70c8fb788c24c8ddf9fd780a6f41$1@www.eclipse.org...
>I created a Web/Servlet class, and checked doPost() and doGet() but the
>stub methods and imports were not generated.
>
> All I got was a blank file.
>
Re: doPost doGet not generated [message #221261 is a reply to message #221246] Thu, 11 September 2008 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Bailo is currently offline John BailoFriend
Messages: 34
Registered: July 2009
Member
yes, that was exactly it! Thank you.

Luckily I am developing for jboss running under jre 1.5 so I can just
switch to that.
Re: doPost doGet not generated [message #221372 is a reply to message #221246] Mon, 15 September 2008 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yaroslav  is currently offline Yaroslav Friend
Messages: 9
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I have the same problem. But the workaround presented in bug report did
not help. I had compiler compliance level 1.6. Switching to 1.5 did not
help.

As I made .JETEmitters project visible I can see many errors in its source
code:

The method removeFlags(int) is undefined for the type
CreateServletTemplateModel ServletTemplate.java .JETEmitters/src/org/eclipse/jst/j2ee/web line
89 Java Problem

and lots of similar errors for other methods of the same class.

It worth mentioning that I did not have any problems with servlet code
generation until I updated to 3.0.1 version of JST, WTP, etc.
Re: doPost doGet not generated [message #221457 is a reply to message #221372] Tue, 16 September 2008 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaloyan Raev is currently offline Kaloyan RaevFriend
Messages: 189
Registered: July 2009
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Senior Member
Yaroslav,

What was the WTP version before upgrading to 3.0.1?

It seems that you had the .JETEmitter already available before the upgrade
and after the upgrade it still refers to some old jars...
The workaround is to delete the .JETEmitter project from your workspace.
Next time you generate a Servlet, it will be recreated and everything should
be fine.

Greetings,
Kaloyan

"Yaroslav " <yarosla@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:6ef6ae02fc704bf8fec23d242d1b23d9$1@www.eclipse.org...
>I have the same problem. But the workaround presented in bug report did not
>help. I had compiler compliance level 1.6. Switching to 1.5 did not help.
>
> As I made .JETEmitters project visible I can see many errors in its source
> code:
>
> The method removeFlags(int) is undefined for the type
> CreateServletTemplateModel ServletTemplate.java
> .JETEmitters/src/org/eclipse/jst/j2ee/web line 89 Java Problem
>
> and lots of similar errors for other methods of the same class.
>
> It worth mentioning that I did not have any problems with servlet code
> generation until I updated to 3.0.1 version of JST, WTP, etc.
>
Re: doPost doGet not generated [message #221521 is a reply to message #221457] Wed, 17 September 2008 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yaroslav  is currently offline Yaroslav Friend
Messages: 9
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Kaloyan!

Your solution helped. Thank you very much!

Before upgrading to 3.0.1 I had 3.0.0 (I installed brand new Ganymede
release and imported my projects into it). And servlet generation worked
in it (I made many servlets in Ganymede before upgrading to 3.0.1).

Regards,
Yaroslav

Kaloyan Raev wrote:

> Yaroslav,

> What was the WTP version before upgrading to 3.0.1?

> It seems that you had the .JETEmitter already available before the upgrade
> and after the upgrade it still refers to some old jars...
> The workaround is to delete the .JETEmitter project from your workspace.
> Next time you generate a Servlet, it will be recreated and everything should
> be fine.

> Greetings,
> Kaloyan

> "Yaroslav " <yarosla@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:6ef6ae02fc704bf8fec23d242d1b23d9$1@www.eclipse.org...
>>I have the same problem. But the workaround presented in bug report did not
>>help. I had compiler compliance level 1.6. Switching to 1.5 did not help.
>>
>> As I made .JETEmitters project visible I can see many errors in its source
>> code:
>>
>> The method removeFlags(int) is undefined for the type
>> CreateServletTemplateModel ServletTemplate.java
>> .JETEmitters/src/org/eclipse/jst/j2ee/web line 89 Java Problem
>>
>> and lots of similar errors for other methods of the same class.
>>
>> It worth mentioning that I did not have any problems with servlet code
>> generation until I updated to 3.0.1 version of JST, WTP, etc.
>>
Re: doPost doGet not generated [message #221561 is a reply to message #221521] Thu, 18 September 2008 11:26 Go to previous message
Kaloyan Raev is currently offline Kaloyan RaevFriend
Messages: 189
Registered: July 2009
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Senior Member
Hi Yaroslav,

It seems you have found a bug. It will be very much appreciated if you open
a bug in Eclipse Bugzilla:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=WTP%20Ja va%20EE%20Tools

If possible, please attach in the bug an example workspace which the problem
can be reproduced with.

Greetings, Kaloyan

"Yaroslav " <yarosla@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:dee99d47fcdb4e7cc07b144aae25ea46$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi Kaloyan!
>
> Your solution helped. Thank you very much!
>
> Before upgrading to 3.0.1 I had 3.0.0 (I installed brand new Ganymede
> release and imported my projects into it). And servlet generation worked
> in it (I made many servlets in Ganymede before upgrading to 3.0.1).
>
> Regards,
> Yaroslav
>
> Kaloyan Raev wrote:
>
>> Yaroslav,
>
>> What was the WTP version before upgrading to 3.0.1?
>
>> It seems that you had the .JETEmitter already available before the
>> upgrade and after the upgrade it still refers to some old jars...
>> The workaround is to delete the .JETEmitter project from your workspace.
>> Next time you generate a Servlet, it will be recreated and everything
>> should be fine.
>
>> Greetings,
>> Kaloyan
>
>> "Yaroslav " <yarosla@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:6ef6ae02fc704bf8fec23d242d1b23d9$1@www.eclipse.org...
>>>I have the same problem. But the workaround presented in bug report did
>>>not help. I had compiler compliance level 1.6. Switching to 1.5 did not
>>>help.
>>>
>>> As I made .JETEmitters project visible I can see many errors in its
>>> source code:
>>>
>>> The method removeFlags(int) is undefined for the type
>>> CreateServletTemplateModel ServletTemplate.java
>>> .JETEmitters/src/org/eclipse/jst/j2ee/web line 89 Java Problem
>>>
>>> and lots of similar errors for other methods of the same class.
>>>
>>> It worth mentioning that I did not have any problems with servlet code
>>> generation until I updated to 3.0.1 version of JST, WTP, etc.
>>>
>
Previous Topic:External JARS
Next Topic:Deploying to Tomcat
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Dec 19 12:16:18 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.05928 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software