Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » Unable to install XSL tooling 0.5.0.v200806220600 from update site
Unable to install XSL tooling 0.5.0.v200806220600 from update site [message #218716] Mon, 04 August 2008 07:45 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: joerg.von.frantzius.artnology.com

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------020306080201080704060907
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hi,

when I try to install current XSL tooling 0.5.0.v200806220600 from the
WTP update site, my Eclipse 3.4's P2 will complain about the following:

Cannot complete the request. See the details.
XSL Feature (Incubating) is already installed, so an update will be
performed instead.
Cannot find a solution satisfying the following requirements
Match[requiredCapability:
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org.apache.commons.logging/[1.0.4. v20080605-1930,1.0.4.v20080605-1930]].


Does anybody know how I can satisfy that dependency (the easy way ;) ?
Or should it be available on the WTP update site as well?

Regards,
J
Re: Unable to install XSL tooling 0.5.0.v200806220600 from update site [message #218756 is a reply to message #218716] Mon, 04 August 2008 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: dcarver.starstandard.org

Jörg von Frantzius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I try to install current XSL tooling 0.5.0.v200806220600 from the
> WTP update site, my Eclipse 3.4's P2 will complain about the following:
>
> Cannot complete the request. See the details.
> XSL Feature (Incubating) is already installed, so an update will be
> performed instead.
> Cannot find a solution satisfying the following requirements
> Match[requiredCapability:
> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org.apache.commons.logging/[1.0.4. v20080605-1930,1.0.4.v20080605-1930]].
>
>
> Does anybody know how I can satisfy that dependency (the easy way ;) ?
> Or should it be available on the WTP update site as well?

Apache commons logging should have be included. What you can do is
grab the version you need from Orbit, and drop it into your plugins folder.

http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R200 80611105805/

Find the version of Commons logging that it is looking for, and place in
your eclipse/plugins directory.

I've created the following bug to track this:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=243058

Dave
Re: Unable to install XSL tooling 0.5.0.v200806220600 from update site [message #218825 is a reply to message #218756] Mon, 04 August 2008 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: joerg.von.frantzius.artnology.com

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------030608030703090300070403
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hi Dave,

I put the apache.commons.logging
< http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R200 80611105805/bundles/org.apache.commons.logging_1.0.4.v200806 05-1930.jar>
jar into my dropins folder, and it turns up in the "About Eclipse
SDK"-plugins-list with the exact version as seems to be required.

Unfortunately, I still get the same error. It may be P2 being confused here.

Sigh,
J
Re: Unable to install XSL tooling 0.5.0.v200806220600 from update site [message #218846 is a reply to message #218825] Mon, 04 August 2008 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: dcarver.starstandard.org

Jörg von Frantzius wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I put the apache.commons.logging
> < http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R200 80611105805/bundles/org.apache.commons.logging_1.0.4.v200806 05-1930.jar>
> jar into my dropins folder, and it turns up in the "About Eclipse
> SDK"-plugins-list with the exact version as seems to be required.
>
> Unfortunately, I still get the same error. It may be P2 being confused here.
>
Yeah, I think it might be. What you could try restarting with a -clean
and see if that reset P2. If not....then you can do an Uninstall of
XSL Tools, and then try adding it back in again.

On a side note, we should be having a 0.5M9 build available sometime
next week for XSL Tools.

Dave
Re: Unable to install XSL tooling 0.5.0.v200806220600 from update site [message #218918 is a reply to message #218846] Tue, 05 August 2008 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: joerg.von.frantzius.artnology.com

David Carver wrote:
> Jörg von Frantzius wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> I put the apache.commons.logging
>> < http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R200 80611105805/bundles/org.apache.commons.logging_1.0.4.v200806 05-1930.jar>
>> jar into my dropins folder, and it turns up in the "About Eclipse
>> SDK"-plugins-list with the exact version as seems to be required.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I still get the same error. It may be P2 being
>> confused here.
>>
> Yeah, I think it might be. What you could try restarting with a
> -clean and see if that reset P2. If not....then you can do an
> Uninstall of XSL Tools, and then try adding it back in again.
I tried it all, without success. There is a another
org.apache.commons.logging 1.1.1v200803061910 installed, but
unfortunately I don't know what feature it comes from, and I don't know
how to find out.
>
> On a side note, we should be having a 0.5M9 build available sometime
> next week for XSL Tools.
>
> Dave
Re: Unable to install XSL tooling 0.5.0.v200806220600 from update site [message #218924 is a reply to message #218846] Tue, 05 August 2008 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: joerg.von.frantzius.artnology.com

In fact I'm not able to uninstall "XSL Feature (Incubating"
0.5.0.v20080504! I tried it multiple times in "Software Updates..."
using the "Uninstall..." button, properly being asked to confirm
uninstalling. However, when I press "Finish", nothing happens, and the
feature is still present in my configuration, also after a restart.

There are all kinds of "Problems resolving provisioning plan" in my
Error Log, so I guess my config is severly broken now. Oh dear. I had
always hoped that when only using P2 to modify the configuration, it
would stay consistent.

David Carver wrote:
> Jörg von Frantzius wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> I put the apache.commons.logging
>> < http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R200 80611105805/bundles/org.apache.commons.logging_1.0.4.v200806 05-1930.jar>
>> jar into my dropins folder, and it turns up in the "About Eclipse
>> SDK"-plugins-list with the exact version as seems to be required.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I still get the same error. It may be P2 being
>> confused here.
>>
> Yeah, I think it might be. What you could try restarting with a
> -clean and see if that reset P2. If not....then you can do an
> Uninstall of XSL Tools, and then try adding it back in again.
>
> On a side note, we should be having a 0.5M9 build available sometime
> next week for XSL Tools.
>
> Dave
Re: Unable to install XSL tooling 0.5.0.v200806220600 from update site [message #218940 is a reply to message #218924] Tue, 05 August 2008 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: dcarver.starstandard.org

Jorg,

It sounds like you might be bit by a couple of bugs:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=241637
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=217846
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=198742

If your problem doesn't match any of those, then I would report a bug.

Now to get you working here is what I suggest. Do the brute force method.

Locate all the org.eclipse.wst.xsl.* plugins in the plugins folder, and
delete them. Find the org.eclipse.wst.xsl.feature component in the
features folder and delete it.

Restart eclipse with the -clean option.

Add back the WTP update site, and re-install the XSL Tools plugins, this
should get you going again.

But again, I would open a bug against the eclipse platform, Equinox / P2
and put the steps to reproduce this there along with any error log
information you have.

Dave

Jörg von Frantzius wrote:
> In fact I'm not able to uninstall "XSL Feature (Incubating"
> 0.5.0.v20080504! I tried it multiple times in "Software Updates..."
> using the "Uninstall..." button, properly being asked to confirm
> uninstalling. However, when I press "Finish", nothing happens, and the
> feature is still present in my configuration, also after a restart.
>
> There are all kinds of "Problems resolving provisioning plan" in my
> Error Log, so I guess my config is severly broken now. Oh dear. I had
> always hoped that when only using P2 to modify the configuration, it
> would stay consistent.
>
> David Carver wrote:
>> Jörg von Frantzius wrote:
>>> Hi Dave,
>>>
>>> I put the apache.commons.logging
>>> < http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R200 80611105805/bundles/org.apache.commons.logging_1.0.4.v200806 05-1930.jar>
>>> jar into my dropins folder, and it turns up in the "About Eclipse
>>> SDK"-plugins-list with the exact version as seems to be required.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, I still get the same error. It may be P2 being
>>> confused here.
>>>
>> Yeah, I think it might be. What you could try restarting with a
>> -clean and see if that reset P2. If not....then you can do an
>> Uninstall of XSL Tools, and then try adding it back in again.
>>
>> On a side note, we should be having a 0.5M9 build available sometime
>> next week for XSL Tools.
>>
>> Dave
Re: Unable to install XSL tooling 0.5.0.v200806220600 from update site [message #219105 is a reply to message #218940] Fri, 08 August 2008 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: joerg.von.frantzius.artnology.com

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------060209060208050507020106
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

OK what I did was reinstall Ganymede completely, including WTP from
Ganymede. Now when I try to install the XSL feature from the WTP update
site (http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/updates/) , I get:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
No repository found containing:
java_cup.runtime/osgi.bundle/0.10.0.v200803061811
No repository found containing:
org.apache.bcel/osgi.bundle/5.2.0.v200803061811
No repository found containing:
org.apache.commons.jxpath/osgi.bundle/1.2.0.v20080604-1500
No repository found containing:
org.apache.commons.logging/osgi.bundle/1.1.1.v20080605-1935
No repository found containing:
org.apache.xalan/osgi.bundle/2.7.1.v200806030242
No repository found containing:
org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.editor.outline/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v200 80323
No repository found containing:
org.eclipse.wst.xml.xpath.core/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v20080526
No repository found containing:
org.eclipse.wst.xml.xpath.ui/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v20080512
No repository found containing:
org.eclipse.wst.xsl.core/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v20080528
No repository found containing:
org.eclipse.wst.xsl.debug/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v20080523
No repository found containing:
org.eclipse.wst.xsl.debug.ui/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v20080615
No repository found containing:
org.eclipse.wst.xsl.doc/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v20080504
No repository found containing:
org.eclipse.wst.xsl.feature/org.eclipse.update.feature/0.5.0 .v200806220600-79871EC3wSUITbgY9SSF8
No repository found containing:
org.eclipse.wst.xsl.launching/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v20080508
No repository found containing:
org.eclipse.wst.xsl.ui/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v20080615
No repository found containing:
org.eclipse.wst.xsl.xalan/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v20080523

Now, for a change, that's *after* P2 let me proceed with the install,
i.e. it did not detect any unresolved dependencies. I believe P2 has
still some way to go before becoming predictable and reliable...

David Carver wrote:
> Jorg,
>
> It sounds like you might be bit by a couple of bugs:
>
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=241637
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=217846
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=198742
>
> If your problem doesn't match any of those, then I would report a bug.
>
> Now to get you working here is what I suggest. Do the brute force
> method.
>
> Locate all the org.eclipse.wst.xsl.* plugins in the plugins folder,
> and delete them. Find the org.eclipse.wst.xsl.feature component in
> the features folder and delete it.
>
> Restart eclipse with the -clean option.
>
> Add back the WTP update site, and re-install the XSL Tools plugins,
> this should get you going again.
>
> But again, I would open a bug against the eclipse platform, Equinox /
> P2 and put the steps to reproduce this there along with any error log
> information you have.
>
> Dave
>
> J
Re: Unable to install XSL tooling 0.5.0.v200806220600 from update site [message #219113 is a reply to message #219105] Fri, 08 August 2008 14:54 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: dcarver.starstandard.org

Yeah, it still has some issues, hopefully with the 3.4.1 maintenance
it'll be fixed up a bit more.

In the mean time, you can always, grab a copy of the ZIP file from the
Web Tools Download site, and install it manually. Don't use the drop
ins folder as it may not pick it up from there (known issues with dropin
in P2 still).

Dave

Jörg von Frantzius wrote:
> OK what I did was reinstall Ganymede completely, including WTP from
> Ganymede. Now when I try to install the XSL feature from the WTP update
> site (http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/updates/) , I get:
>
> An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
> No repository found containing:
> java_cup.runtime/osgi.bundle/0.10.0.v200803061811
> No repository found containing:
> org.apache.bcel/osgi.bundle/5.2.0.v200803061811
> No repository found containing:
> org.apache.commons.jxpath/osgi.bundle/1.2.0.v20080604-1500
> No repository found containing:
> org.apache.commons.logging/osgi.bundle/1.1.1.v20080605-1935
> No repository found containing:
> org.apache.xalan/osgi.bundle/2.7.1.v200806030242
> No repository found containing:
> org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.editor.outline/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v200 80323
> No repository found containing:
> org.eclipse.wst.xml.xpath.core/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v20080526
> No repository found containing:
> org.eclipse.wst.xml.xpath.ui/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v20080512
> No repository found containing:
> org.eclipse.wst.xsl.core/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v20080528
> No repository found containing:
> org.eclipse.wst.xsl.debug/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v20080523
> No repository found containing:
> org.eclipse.wst.xsl.debug.ui/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v20080615
> No repository found containing:
> org.eclipse.wst.xsl.doc/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v20080504
> No repository found containing:
> org.eclipse.wst.xsl.feature/org.eclipse.update.feature/0.5.0 .v200806220600-79871EC3wSUITbgY9SSF8
> No repository found containing:
> org.eclipse.wst.xsl.launching/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v20080508
> No repository found containing:
> org.eclipse.wst.xsl.ui/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v20080615
> No repository found containing:
> org.eclipse.wst.xsl.xalan/osgi.bundle/0.5.0.v20080523
>
> Now, for a change, that's *after* P2 let me proceed with the install,
> i.e. it did not detect any unresolved dependencies. I believe P2 has
> still some way to go before becoming predictable and reliable...
>
> David Carver wrote:
>> Jorg,
>>
>> It sounds like you might be bit by a couple of bugs:
>>
>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=241637
>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=217846
>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=198742
>>
>> If your problem doesn't match any of those, then I would report a bug.
>>
>> Now to get you working here is what I suggest. Do the brute force
>> method.
>>
>> Locate all the org.eclipse.wst.xsl.* plugins in the plugins folder,
>> and delete them. Find the org.eclipse.wst.xsl.feature component in
>> the features folder and delete it.
>>
>> Restart eclipse with the -clean option.
>>
>> Add back the WTP update site, and re-install the XSL Tools plugins,
>> this should get you going again.
>>
>> But again, I would open a bug against the eclipse platform, Equinox /
>> P2 and put the steps to reproduce this there along with any error log
>> information you have.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> Jörg von Frantzius wrote:
>>> In fact I'm not able to uninstall "XSL Feature (Incubating"
>>> 0.5.0.v20080504! I tried it multiple times in "Software Updates..."
>>> using the "Uninstall..." button, properly being asked to confirm
>>> uninstalling. However, when I press "Finish", nothing happens, and
>>> the feature is still present in my configuration, also after a restart.
>>>
>>> There are all kinds of "Problems resolving provisioning plan" in my
>>> Error Log, so I guess my config is severly broken now. Oh dear. I had
>>> always hoped that when only using P2 to modify the configuration, it
>>> would stay consistent.
>>>
>>> David Carver wrote:
>>>> Jörg von Frantzius wrote:
>>>>> Hi Dave,
>>>>>
>>>>> I put the apache.commons.logging
>>>>> < http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R200 80611105805/bundles/org.apache.commons.logging_1.0.4.v200806 05-1930.jar>
>>>>> jar into my dropins folder, and it turns up in the "About Eclipse
>>>>> SDK"-plugins-list with the exact version as seems to be required.
>>>>>
>>>>> Unfortunately, I still get the same error. It may be P2 being
>>>>> confused here.
>>>>>
>>>> Yeah, I think it might be. What you could try restarting with a
>>>> -clean and see if that reset P2. If not....then you can do an
>>>> Uninstall of XSL Tools, and then try adding it back in again.
>>>>
>>>> On a side note, we should be having a 0.5M9 build available sometime
>>>> next week for XSL Tools.
>>>>
>>>> Dave
>
Previous Topic:Weblogic server support and WTP
Next Topic:Wrestling with JAR paths and dependencies.
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Jul 25 07:23:55 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02870 seconds