Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Can not convert the value of -??- to Integer type
Can not convert the value of -??- to Integer type [message #1284679] Fri, 04 April 2014 19:20 Go to next message
d jailer is currently offline d jailerFriend
I am having problems even finding possible solutions because the error doesn't seem to point to a particular element. The first few lines of the error:

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: A BIRT exception occurred. See next exception for more information. Can not convert the value of to Integer type. at 
 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1245) at 
 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1224) at 
 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.QueryItemExecutor.executeQuery(QueryItemExecutor.java:96) at 
 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.GridItemExecutor.execute(GridItemExecutor.java:65) at 

etc., etc.

This shows up where my grid is declared in the xml. In the <list-property name=boundDataColumns> I have structures with 3 strings, 29 Ints and 2 date-time fields. The data types for each row in the Data Set all match up to the dataType property for all of these fields. I thought about just taking one out at a time but that will take quite a while even if it did work. Any ideas of where or how to track down this vague error?

If it helps Eclipse is also indicating another error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument not valid

every time I run the report. The report runs OK - some values don't seem to be populating from part of my query but it shows many others. I am assuming both of these are connected but...??

NOTE: I am doing this exclusively in Eclipse..no JAVA code involved.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 April 2014 19:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can not convert the value of -??- to Integer type [message #1288795 is a reply to message #1284679] Tue, 08 April 2014 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Could the data coming into one of the Integer type fields be blank on some rows? It appears to be complaining about an empty value.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Can not convert the value of -??- to Integer type [message #1288920 is a reply to message #1288795] Wed, 09 April 2014 00:13 Go to previous message
d jailer is currently offline d jailerFriend
Nope. When I run the query all the fields have data in them-as far as I can tell. There are no blank spots. I was hoping there may be a way to step through this report to see what value it is choking on. I may try creating my own simple data source with just one value in each field and see if it still complains. Other than that .... ???
Previous Topic:Birt PHP Java bridge not working with database driven reports
Next Topic:How to set default font family for charts?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:52:46 GMT 2024