Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Eclipse forgets java Compiler compliance level
Eclipse forgets java Compiler compliance level [message #1281179] Mon, 31 March 2014 13:29 Go to next message
Steve Glasgow is currently offline Steve GlasgowFriend
When initially setting up Eclipse, I set the Compiler compliance level to 1.6 in Window - Preferences - Java - Compiler.

For each project I create, I do NOT enable project specific settings in Project - Properties - Java Compiler. It shows up as 1.6.

Periodically, about twice a week, my WORKING project shows hundreds of errors. Errors that were not there before.

To correct the situation, I go into Project - Properties - Java Compiler, enable project specific settings, change the compliance level to 1.4, click apply, and click yes to the message about rebuilding the project. This, obviously, results in lots of errors.

I then change the level to 1.5, click apply, and click yes to the message about rebuilding the project. This results in significantly fewer errors.

Finally, I change the level to 1.6, apply, and rebuild. This results on NO errors, and everything is good again.

What have I missed? Why is Eclipse doing this to me?

Thank you in advance.
Steve
Re: Eclipse forgets java Compiler compliance level [message #1281205 is a reply to message #1281179] Mon, 31 March 2014 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Glasgow is currently offline Steve GlasgowFriend
Project - Clean... also works, but why?

Steve
Re: Eclipse forgets java Compiler compliance level [message #1281270 is a reply to message #1281205] Mon, 31 March 2014 16:31 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Is your projects output folder shared with other projects or accessed from outside of Eclipse? If something is clearing out items in this folder, it could lead to Eclipse being unable to resolve reference to classes, methods, etc. An incremental build could fail because of the unresolvable references. Is the output folder on a network drive? This could lead to issues accessing files when Eclipse is trying to resolve references.
Previous Topic:ICU plugin in 4.3 SR2 breaks compatibility
Next Topic:How to get rid of the search menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:49:30 GMT 2024