Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Birt Mulitthread Issue(I confront a multi-thread problem in integrating birt chart engine with web project)
Birt Mulitthread Issue [message #1276930] Tue, 25 March 2014 08:18 Go to next message
chrew hun is currently offline chrew hunFriend
hi all:
Recently I meet to a birt multithread problem when I try to access the web project integrated with birt chart engine. One-by-one access is ok.When several users access the web,there are issues. it throws some excepitons as follow.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.model.component.impl.SeriesImpl.set(SeriesImpl.java:1301)
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.model.type.impl.LineSeriesImpl.set(LineSeriesImpl.java:1021)
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.model.type.impl.ScatterSeriesImpl.set(ScatterSeriesImpl.java:157)
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.model.type.impl.BubbleSeriesImpl.set(BubbleSeriesImpl.java:446)
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.model.type.impl.BubbleSeriesImpl.copyInstance(BubbleSeriesImpl.java:436)
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.model.util.ChartDefaultValueUtil.createDefaultValueChartInstance(ChartDefaultValueUtil.java:323)
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.factory.Generator.prepareStyles(Generator.java:188)
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.factory.Generator.build(Generator.java:1077)
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.factory.Generator.build(Generator.java:923)

When I test the birt WebViewerExample project,it has the same problem sometimes. When I use birt to generate the graph like bar or line ,it is bad to multi-thread.the code snippet is as follow.

Generator gr = Generator.instance();

IDisplayServer server = render.getDisplayServer();

state = gr.build( server,
chart,
bounds,
null);

BufferedImage image = new BufferedImage(500, 300, BufferedImage.TYPE_INT_ARGB);

render.setProperty(IDeviceRenderer.CACHED_IMAGE, image);

gr.render( render, state );

Could you help me ? Thanks .
Re: Birt Mulitthread Issue [message #1277615 is a reply to message #1276930] Wed, 26 March 2014 08:25 Go to previous message
donino donino is currently offline donino doninoFriend
Are you sure it is the same error through WebViewer, would you have a full stacktrace of the error with it? I made tests of the report engine with upto 32 concurrent chart reports mixing bars and line series, and i did not get a such trouble. Which version do you currently use?
Previous Topic:Hide cascading group on selection of radio group parameter
Next Topic:How to perform operations on field and perform the final result
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:42:58 GMT 2024