Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Java Compiler Compliance Level 1.8(Can not try interfaces due to Compiler level)
icon4.gif  Java Compiler Compliance Level 1.8 [message #1273126] Wed, 19 March 2014 10:58 Go to next message
Dominik Meyer is currently offline Dominik Meyer
Messages: 3
Registered: March 2014
Junior Member
Dear forum

I struggle since two hours trying to get a first Java 8 interface to run.

The Eclipse Luna IDE 4.4M6 states: Error on "default" delete this token.

I also can not set the compiler level to 1.8...

Does anybody know why I can not choose a new compiler level?

I have linked the Installed JRE 1.8 and both got JRE 1.8 and JDK 1.8 installed.

Anyone?

Thank you and best regards

Dominik
Re: Java Compiler Compliance Level 1.8 [message #1273694 is a reply to message #1273126] Thu, 20 March 2014 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas Schindl
Messages: 5257
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Did you install the JDT feature patch? M6 does not by default come with
Java8 support.

Tom

On 19.03.14 08:51, Dominik Meyer wrote:
> Dear forum
>
> I struggle since two hours trying to get a first Java 8 interface to run.
>
> The Eclipse Luna IDE 4.4M6 states: Error on "default" delete this token.
>
> I also can not set the compiler level to 1.8...
>
> Does anybody know why I can not choose a new compiler level?
>
> I have linked the Installed JRE 1.8 and both got JRE 1.8 and JDK 1.8
> installed.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Thank you and best regards
>
> Dominik
Re: Java Compiler Compliance Level 1.8 [message #1273829 is a reply to message #1273694] Thu, 20 March 2014 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dominik Meyer is currently offline Dominik Meyer
Messages: 3
Registered: March 2014
Junior Member
Uff, no, is there a installation instruction for that?
Re: Java Compiler Compliance Level 1.8 [message #1273885 is a reply to message #1273829] Thu, 20 March 2014 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas Schindl
Messages: 5257
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
https://wiki.eclipse.org/JDT/Eclipse_Java_8_Support_For_Kepler

I have a 4.4m6 build available which holds java8 support at
http://downloads.efxclipse.bestsolution.at/downloads/nightly/sdk/ it
holds many things so it might be appropriate for your needs so feel free
to use feature patches.

Tom

On 20.03.14 08:55, Dominik Meyer wrote:
> Uff, no, is there a installation instruction for that?
Re: Java Compiler Compliance Level 1.8 [message #1275101 is a reply to message #1273885] Sat, 22 March 2014 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dominik Meyer is currently offline Dominik Meyer
Messages: 3
Registered: March 2014
Junior Member
The first link served my question! Thank you very much Smile

Dominik
Re: Java Compiler Compliance Level 1.8 [message #1276999 is a reply to message #1275101] Tue, 25 March 2014 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonathan Laval is currently offline Jonathan Laval
Messages: 14
Registered: March 2014
Junior Member
Luna 4.4-I 2014-03-18 doesn't detect correctly java 1.8
Same result when I set -vm in eclipse.ini

Result javaFx disable...
Re: Java Compiler Compliance Level 1.8 [message #1277181 is a reply to message #1276999] Tue, 25 March 2014 12:13 Go to previous message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas Schindl
Messages: 5257
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I builds themselves don't have any Java8 support yet! The download I
pointed to installs the feature patch available!

Tom

On 25.03.14 11:31, Jonathan Laval wrote:
> Luna 4.4-I 2014-03-18 doesn't detect correctly java 1.8
> Same result when I set -vm in eclipse.ini
> Result javaFx disable...
Previous Topic:Eclipse Kepler JDK issues.
Next Topic:Can't change Eclipse JVM on Mac
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Jul 30 19:27:01 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01700 seconds