Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [Eugenia] Preserve property descriptions(Looking for a way to preserve property descriptions set in the GenModel, when generating with Eugenia)
[Eugenia] Preserve property descriptions [message #1272441] Mon, 17 March 2014 23:33 Go to next message
Phillip Drew is currently offline Phillip DrewFriend
We've got quite a large meta-model and we were hoping to use property descriptions as set in the gen-model to try and help our developers understand what various properties are for.

Unfortunately we're using Eugenia to generate a diagram editor which means that it deletes the GenModel file.

I know Eugenia supports polishing transformations but the property description text isn't a repetitive task so I'm not sure how I'd use them to re-fill the property descriptions.

How can I preserve the property description fields in the gen-model when re-generating with Eugenia?
Re: [Eugenia] Preserve property descriptions [message #1272446 is a reply to message #1272441] Mon, 17 March 2014 23:55 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Phillip,

You can capture property descriptions in your .emf/.ecore metamodel by attaching @emf.gen(propertyDescription="...") annotations to your EAttributes/EReferences, and Eugenia will copy these over to the .genmodel. Does this help?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:Nodes with image defined at run-time
Next Topic:Modellink - reproducing screencast problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:50:34 GMT 2024