Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » partitionType-based damager
partitionType-based damager [message #1270867] Thu, 13 March 2014 17:44 Go to next message
valentin Mising name is currently offline valentin Mising nameFriend
I see that document is partitioned. Then, every time user types anything, the the damager and repaer are called. It looks like parsing, followed by incremental parsing. The damager and reparer are is chosen based on the type of the initial partition. That is, if user eidted a comment then comment damager and reparer will be used. I do not get this. Suppose the edit has eliminated the comment completely. Why should the comment damager to be used for that? Alternatively suppose that I had a file

abc "

The first partition is an identifier, followed by a quote, which is portion of default text. Now, user injects another double quote in the beginning of text,

"abc "

The whole file must be colored green. But, it is injected in the identifier section, where I do not expect comments and use another scanner.

My point is that changing the text in some place may totally reorganize the document partitioning. Does the damager/reparer based reconciliation architecture solve this problem? How?
Re: partitionType-based damager [message #1271537 is a reply to message #1270867] Sat, 15 March 2014 12:21 Go to previous message
valentin Mising name is currently offline valentin Mising nameFriend
My answer is that partitioner also runs every time the document is changed and does it before the presentation reconcilier makes the coloring. So, partitioner/presentation_reconciler is like a two-stage parsing. The partidioner determines the large parts of the documents. Then, PresentationReconciler further subdivides the partitions into the atoms, that the texts styles are applied to.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Kepler / Java EE Version / Hangs on Startup
Next Topic:Eclipse converts ascii to utf-8 without warning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:35:11 GMT 2024