Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to set default font family for charts?(Is there any way of setting it once for all the chart objects in the report?)
How to set default font family for charts? [message #1266502] Fri, 07 March 2014 14:48 Go to next message
ing omini is currently offline ing ominiFriend
Hi BIRT developers,
do you know any method to set the default font family to be used inside charts?
(for titles, labels, axis, ... in other words for everything!)

The customer asked me to use their own company font.
This can be easily set as default for "text" elements, while for chart I would like to avoid setting it manually (or via script) for each element of each chart object.

Please help me! Very Happy

Thanks in advance.
Re: How to set default font family for charts? [message #1282045 is a reply to message #1266502] Tue, 01 April 2014 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Have you checked if setting the font for the "report" style sets the chart fonts?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: How to set default font family for charts? [message #1283448 is a reply to message #1282045] Thu, 03 April 2014 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Michael,
it's working!

I'm a little embarrassed, because that was exactly my first try (i.e. customizing "report" style or "chart" style), but for some reason I was convinced it was not working fine.
So, when you replied to me, at first I thought "It couldn't be so easy... Impossible!"

But when I tested again, I realized that the font family was correctly changed in the rendering output, but NOT in the "layout" panel inside the "designer"
(on the contrary, if I change the font color, this is visible in the layout panel too!)
That was probably confusing me in my first try, and led me to think this was not the correct way.

Maybe this was a bug of the old BIRT designer version I need to use for my customer (whose BIRT engine is still stuck on version 2.3.2).

Thank you for solving this!

If I can take further advantage of your kindness, could you please tell me if I can also customize in some way the default size of chart titles?
I noticed that by customizing the chart style element, the font size is set but only for axis labels and legend entries (not for titles).

Thanks again!

Re: How to set default font family for charts? [message #1288762 is a reply to message #1283448] Tue, 08 April 2014 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Unfortunately, there isn't much for CSS styling for charts. I'll see if I can figure something out for you. What is your BIRT version?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: How to set default font family for charts? [message #1289279 is a reply to message #1288762] Wed, 09 April 2014 07:23 Go to previous message
Currently 2.3.2, but next month the customer application will be upgraded to a version which supports BIRT engine 4.2.2
Previous Topic:Can not convert the value of -??- to Integer type
Next Topic:run vs frameset output problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 00:27:51 GMT 2024