Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Headless build with Ant and PDE tools(Ant build script process and PDE process for Making the plugins)
Headless build with Ant and PDE tools [message #1265164] Wed, 05 March 2014 19:43 Go to next message
raju ak is currently offline raju akFriend
Hi Team,

I Just need clarification on Building the Xtext project. I used ant to make the build, Here i have followed the xtextcast tutorial and able to build. in this specific targets were defined like (generate-xtext-artifacts,compile-xtend,xompile-java), After executing this build script able to compile all. This is one way,And Another way is for each project generate the build.xml using PDE tool. then try to run them. we are able to get the plugins out of it.
My doubt is when we run the PDE build script is it going to generate MWEworkflow and build or is it follow some other steps?

thanks in advance.
Re: Headless build with Ant and PDE tools [message #1265183 is a reply to message #1265164] Wed, 05 March 2014 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

yes if you simply use pde stuff you wont get
- Xtend to Java Translation
- Mwe2 Workflow to generate language artefacts

=> you would have to check in the generated stuff but this would kind of suck.

but i think you could simply call the pde build.xml after the one described in xtextcasts

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Headless build with Ant and PDE tools [message #1268349 is a reply to message #1265183] Mon, 10 March 2014 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
raju ak is currently offline raju akFriend
Hi Christian Dietrich,

I have added the xtext targets(generate xtext artifacts,compile xtend and compile java) targets to the pde generated build file. i am able to execute all those three targets but..when pde build scripts are running i was getting some compilation errors I am not able to figure out them. I have attached log file, Can you please verify and help me.

Thanks.

• Attachment: log.txt
    (Size: 4.46KB, Downloaded 356 times)
Re: Headless build with Ant and PDE tools [message #1268357 is a reply to message #1268349] Mon, 10 March 2014 11:50 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi it looks like Xtend compiler did not run or the Xtend gen source
folder is not handled as a such or it compiles to a different
directory. It should be possible to check that

--
Need training, onsite consulting or any other kind of help for Xtext?
Go visit http://xtext.itemis.com or send a mail to xtext at itemis dot de

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:Creating an update site with the sdk
Next Topic:Xtext Gradle plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 01:30:55 GMT 2024