Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » 0 Problems, "Errors exist in a required project"(I am prompted that there are errors in my project, but none are listed.)
0 Problems, "Errors exist in a required project" [message #1250002] Tue, 18 February 2014 21:22 Go to next message
Jason Mayo is currently offline Jason MayoFriend
Earlier today I downloaded and installed "Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers" from the official website as well as Cygwin (g++, make, gdb, etc packages). In an attempt to test it to make sure that I set everything up correctly, I made a new project and copy/pasted files from a previous program that will compile and run successfully in the Codeblocks IDE.

No errors are indicated by Eclipse. "0 items" is displayed in the "Problems" window (Window->Show View-> Problems). No lines of code are highlighted to indicate errors of any kind apart from some spell-checking indicators. The project will build successfully (Project -> Build Project), and from reviewing the console window (Window->Show View->Console) everything appears to have been built as expected. This is the only project open or even in the workspace at the time.

However, when I attempt to run the project using the appropriate button, I am prompted that "Errors exist in a required project. Continue launch?"

I have tried rebuilding the project several times (Project->Clean...->OK, Project->Build Project), but this error persists. Furthermore, the first two statements in main.cpp are a cout prompting the user for input and a cin statement. If I click yes to continue, the project terminates with "exit value:-1073741515," there is no prompt for user input in the console, and there is no pause to accept user input.

I am at a loss and would greatly appreciate any assistance. Thanks ^_^
  • Attachment: Untitled.png
    (Size: 267.33KB, Downloaded 731 times)
Re: 0 Problems, "Errors exist in a required project" [message #1251617 is a reply to message #1250002] Thu, 20 February 2014 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Concerning the error message. In the Problems View open the view menu (click small white triangle in the upper right corner of this view). In the menu select "Show All". This should deactivate any filter in this view.

Concerning the input/output on the console:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#Eclipse_console_does_not_show_output_on_Windows

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: 0 Problems, "Errors exist in a required project" [message #1403202 is a reply to message #1251617] Tue, 22 July 2014 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ferric AU is currently offline Ferric AUFriend
As another new user to Eclipse, I had the same
"Errors exist in a required project. Continue launch?"
problem and cured it by;

-exiting Eclipse
-navigating to where the workspace was stored
and
-deleting the persisting folder from an old (demo) project, which did was no longer shown in the explorer.

After restarting Eclipse, it built and ran with no error message.

Good Luck.
icon7.gif  Re: 0 Problems, "Errors exist in a required project" [message #1700500 is a reply to message #1403202] Fri, 03 July 2015 04:48 Go to previous message
Axel Marora is currently offline Axel MaroraFriend
It works thanks dude. Smile Surprised
Previous Topic:Integrating a custom toolchain in Eclipse for multiple host systems
Next Topic:unresolved includes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:28:57 GMT 2024