Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] Error creating plugin: failed to create task or type apitooling.apigeneration
[Acceleo] Error creating plugin: failed to create task or type apitooling.apigeneration [message #1247735] Sun, 16 February 2014 14:45 Go to next message
Luís de Sousa is currently offline Luís de SousaFriend
I am trying to create an Acceleo plugin from existing projects and always get back this error message:

'Export Plug-ins' has encountered a problem.
/media/Data/users/lads/Trabalho/Eclipse/Workspace.Acceleo/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/temp/org.eclipse.pde.container.feature/assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.linux.gtk.x86.xml:88: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/media/Data/users/lads/Trabalho/Eclipse/Workspace.Acceleo/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/temp/org.eclipse.pde.container.feature/assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.linux.gtk.x86.xml:103: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/media/Data/users/lads/Trabalho/Eclipse/Workspace.Acceleo/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/temp/org.eclipse.pde.container.feature/assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.linux.gtk.x86.xml:26: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/media/Data/users/lads/Trabalho/Eclipse/Workspace.Acceleo/org.eclipse.acceleo.module.sample/build.xml:315: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/media/Data/users/lads/Trabalho/Eclipse/Workspace.Acceleo/org.eclipse.acceleo.module.sample/build.xml:422: Problem: failed to create task or type apitooling.apigeneration
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

This build.xml file seems to be created on the fly, when Acceleo is trying to generate the plugin. When it fails the file is deleted, so I can't check what may be wrong.

I have this same error with any Acceleo project, even newly created projects. I'm using Acceleo 3.3.0 on Eclipse Indigo. Thanks.
Re: [Acceleo] Error creating plugin: failed to create task or type apitooling.apigeneration [message #1690538 is a reply to message #1247735] Sat, 28 March 2015 12:13 Go to previous message
Luís de Sousa is currently offline Luís de SousaFriend
This issue is back with Acceleo 3.5.1. With Acceleo 3.3.0, installing available updates solved the problem, but not this time.

Any suggestions?

[Updated on: Sat, 28 March 2015 12:25]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[Acceleo] Netlist Generation (nested loops+ variables?)
Next Topic:[Acceleo] How to log or monitor inoperable plug-in?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:04:42 GMT 2024