|Dropins & feature [message #1245931]
||Fri, 14 February 2014 08:31
| seb f
Registered: May 2013
I activated the p2 dropins folder in an Equinox-based application.
My questions and issues relates to the way the features and plug-ins are taken into account in this dropins context.
The Eclipse product is based on features (as opposed to be based on plug-ins) and in this context I would expect the dropins to load features.
For instance if I add to the dropins directory the following artifacts:
- One feature F1 based on one plugins P1
- Two plugins P1, P2,
I would expect only P1 to be loaded (and not P2 since P2 is not referenced by
Is there a way to achieve that ?
More specifically, if:
- The core (the parts outside the dropins) has a feature F in version 1.0.0 referencing a plugin P in version 1.0.0
- The dropins has a feature F1 referencing the plug-in P1,
- The feature F1 has a dependency on the feature F in version 2.0.0 (strict)
Is there a way to prevent P1 from being loaded (because the dependency is not fulfilled) ?
From what I understood from the different experiments I made, the ways to cope with this situation is :
- Either to move the dependency to the plug-in level - making P1 dependant on P2 2.0.0
- Or use p2 director or the p2 api to install the feature (instead of using the dropins capabilities).
Are these assumptions correct or am I missing something ?
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01925 seconds