Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Slow Merge
Slow Merge [message #1244729] Wed, 12 February 2014 20:10 Go to next message
Bo Conroy is currently offline Bo ConroyFriend
I am running Keplar with Subversive 1.1.1 and using SVN Connector 1.7.11.

I have a development branch that I want to frequently merge changes from trunk onto this branch. When merging from the command line, I simply check out the branch and run the command

svn merge --non-interactive TrunkURL

This goes very quickly.

I would like to use the eclipse integration provided through subversive to do this instead of the command line. To do the same, I check out the project in eclipse clean. Right click on the project and choose Team->Merge

I set the URL to be TrunkURL again, then left the defaults of Revisions->Start from copy and Depth->Working copy

When I do this, it spends about 15 minutes with a dialog up that says 'Detect Start Revision: [Running...]'.

Two Questions

1) I do not see a log of the svn commands being issued or the output in the svn console. Is there a preference somewhere I can set to see that or a log file?
2) Is there something I am setting wrong in that merge window? I would like to simply replicate what it is doing on the command line quickly.

For what it is worth, I have a different branch for an active production release of my project. When I merge patches from that branch back to trunk, I am able to use subversive and it is very quick.

I tried reading the documentation provided on the Merge Dialog documentation page, but I have not been able to figure out what I have been doing wrong. (I would post a link to the exact page, but I am apparently allowed to post links)

The TrunkURL is also the correct http based url for trunk in my svn repository. I cant post any urls apparently, but I know that is the correct and valid trunk url
Thanks,
Bo
Re: Slow Merge [message #1257467 is a reply to message #1244729] Wed, 26 February 2014 13:10 Go to previous message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hello,

Since I can't tell where the problem is based on the description, I created a bug report for this issue in order to investigate it:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=429142
Previous Topic:Relocate and new revision numbers
Next Topic:switch to subeclipse from subversive in kepler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:42:04 GMT 2024