Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Using Nebula CDateTime in WindowBuilder (Errors in adding CDateTime to the Palette)
Using Nebula CDateTime in WindowBuilder [message #1238876] Sun, 02 February 2014 18:47 Go to next message
Baruch Youssin is currently offline Baruch YoussinFriend
I have installed Nebula widgets http://www.eclipse.org/nebula/ to my Kepler.
I have added them (both class files and the source) to the build path, so that when I use them in the code, the CDateTime class is found and the code compiles.
F3 also finds and displays the source code. (For some reason I do not understand, the tab header says CDateTime.class and CDT.class, not CDateTime.java and CDT.java as other classes, even though the tab contains the source code. However, this is not my problem.)

When I try to add CDateTime to the Palette, the Palette manager finds the class but reports that it cannot load it:
index.php/fa/17399/0/

When I replace my DateTime widget in the source by CDateTime and try to switch to the Design tab, it cannot find the AST. (I found that it means Abstract Syntax Tree but no more helpful info.)

I would very much appreciate any help.

Here is the report:

Compilation unit /AlarmClock/src/com/byoussin/AlarmClock/OneAlarmBeanComposite.java has primary type, but WindowBuilder can not find its AST. This can be caused by one of the following reasons:
Compilation unit references unknown type, most probably as part of generics.

org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.exception.DesignerException: 110 (No primary type.). /AlarmClock/src/com/byoussin/AlarmClock/OneAlarmBeanComposite.java
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.check.Assert.isTrueException(Assert.java:390)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.prepareParseContext(JavaInfoParser.java:1172)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.parse(JavaInfoParser.java:242)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.access$9(JavaInfoParser.java:238)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser$1.runObject(JavaInfoParser.java:153)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser$1.runObject(JavaInfoParser.java:1)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.execution.ExecutionUtils.runDesignTime(ExecutionUtils.java:159)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.parse(JavaInfoParser.java:151)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.internal_refreshGEF(DesignPage.java:534)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.access$9(DesignPage.java:522)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage$8$1.run(DesignPage.java:449)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:180)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4491)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage$8.run(DesignPage.java:446)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:507)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.internal_refreshGEF_withProgress(DesignPage.java:465)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.internal_refreshGEF(DesignPage.java:415)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.UndoManager.refreshDesignerEditor(UndoManager.java:381)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.UndoManager.activate(UndoManager.java:90)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.handleActiveState_True(DesignPage.java:263)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.handleActiveState(DesignPage.java:241)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.multi.DefaultMultiMode.showPage(DefaultMultiMode.java:125)
at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.multi.DefaultMultiMode$1.widgetSelected(DefaultMultiMode.java:63)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1392)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1416)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1401)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1187)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.setSelection(CTabFolder.java:3080)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.onMouse(CTabFolder.java:1772)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder$1.handleEvent(CTabFolder.java:279)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1392)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3742)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3363)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:138)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:610)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1426)

[Updated on: Sun, 02 February 2014 18:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Using Nebula CDateTime in WindowBuilder [message #1239842 is a reply to message #1238876] Wed, 05 February 2014 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baruch Youssin is currently offline Baruch YoussinFriend
I have found out myself what my problem was: I was missing another library in my class path, org.eclipse.nebula.cwt_0.9.0.201401291008.jar, that contains the class BaseCombo which is the superclass of CDateTime.

After I added it, everything worked with the exception of databinding to the selection property of CDateTime which I added in the code using CDateTimeObservableValue class; WindowBuilder parsed this code without complaints but did not notice this binding.
Re: Using Nebula CDateTime in WindowBuilder [message #1240179 is a reply to message #1239842] Wed, 05 February 2014 22:06 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Makes sense. The ClassNotFoundException is consistent with a classpath issue.

I doubt that WB knows anything specific about any special Nebula data binding stuff. It would need to be taught about that.
Previous Topic:Binding items property of Combo using WindowBuilder
Next Topic:Binding to the selection property of CDateTime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:04:02 GMT 2024