Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » Teneo + GMF Problems
Teneo + GMF Problems [message #1237792] Thu, 30 January 2014 15:56 Go to next message
Angel Lopez is currently offline Angel Lopez
Messages: 8
Registered: January 2014
Junior Member
Dear all.

I'm involved in a project which has a key requirement of storage the models in a database. We have chosen Teneo as the Tecnology to use to achieve this goal.

I have read the Teneo EMF tutorial to adapt my EMF/EEF models editors in order to persist the models in database with success.

Now I need to adapt my GMF Editors. To learn how to do so I have followed the Teneo GMF tutorial and downloaded the associated MindMap example source code.
The example doesn't work correctly, the dbtables are generated but doesn't save the model neither the diagram in db, remaining stored as files.

I'm using newer version of Teneo 2.0.1 and GMF SDK 3.0.2 but I don't think this is the problem because the EMF editors works, but i'm not sure. Anyway, i have applied this steps to my model editor with the same result.

Later I have changed my strategy. Now I'm trying to store only the model managed by the GMF editor in database mantaining the diagram as file. To do this, I have changed the EMF editor as the Teneo EMF tutorial says and changed the MyModelDiagramEditor code as says the Teneo GMF Tutorial.

Now I'm having the following error during the save Operation or when I change the name of a GMF Node representing one model concept:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot modify resource set without a write transaction


I will appreciate any help about how to solve the problem with the mindmap example or to solve the error with my strategy.

Many thanks.
Re: Teneo + GMF Problems [message #1238242 is a reply to message #1237792] Fri, 31 January 2014 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin Taal
Messages: 5332
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Angel,
I am afraid that I can't be of much help on this one. Teneo/GMF combination is not being used a lot (you are the first
in many years who posts on this on the forum), I guess the exception you note is more from the EMF layer than from Teneo.
But that's all I can say about it...

gr. Martin

On 01/30/2014 05:49 PM, Angel Lopez wrote:
> Dear all.
>
> I'm involved in a project which has a key requirement of storage the models in a database. We have chosen Teneo as the
> Tecnology to use to achieve this goal.
>
> I have read the https://wiki.eclipse.org/Teneo/Hibernate/Editor_Tutorial to adapt my EMF/EEF models editors in order to
> persist the models in database with success.
>
> Now I need to adapt my GMF Editors. To learn how to do so I have followed the
> https://wiki.eclipse.org/Teneo/Hibernate/GMF and downloaded the associated MindMap example
> http://git.eclipse.org/c/teneo/org.eclipse.emf.teneo.git/tree/examples/gmf?h=TENEO1_0_4.
> The example doesn't work correctly, the dbtables are generated but doesn't save the model neither the diagram in db,
> remaining stored as files.
>
> I'm using newer version of Teneo 2.0.1 and GMF SDK 3.0.2 but I don't think this is the problem because the EMF editors
> works, but i'm not sure. Anyway, i have applied this steps to my model editor with the same result.
>
> Later I have changed my strategy. Now I'm trying to store only the model managed by the GMF editor in database
> mantaining the diagram as file. To do this, I have changed the EMF editor as the Teneo EMF tutorial says and changed the
> MyModelDiagramEditor code as says the Teneo GMF Tutorial.
> Now I'm having the following error during the save Operation or when I change the name of a GMF Node representing one
> model concept:
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot modify resource set without a write transaction
>
> I will appreciate any help about how to solve the problem with the mindmap example or to solve the error with my strategy.
>
> Many thanks.


--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@xxxxxxxx - mtaal@xxxxxxxx
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Re: Teneo + GMF Problems [message #1239179 is a reply to message #1238242] Mon, 03 February 2014 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Angel Lopez is currently offline Angel Lopez
Messages: 8
Registered: January 2014
Junior Member
Many thanks for your response Martin.

Do you know why the mindmap example doesn't save the model and diagram to database?. Can be caused for using newer versions of Teneo, EMF, GMF?

A working example will be a great help for me.

Best Regards.
Re: Teneo + GMF Problems [message #1239208 is a reply to message #1239179] Mon, 03 February 2014 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin Taal
Messages: 5332
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Angel,
I have no idea myself, it could be caused by newer versions of GMF/Teneo, as you say, the combination of Teneo/GMF has
not appeared for several years on this forum. If it gets very popular then I am sure to spend some more time there.
Until that moment, it is somewhat in the open.

So I am not sure if there is anyone who can give you a working example, without spending several hours on that first...

gr. Martin


On 02/03/2014 04:10 PM, Angel Lopez wrote:
> Many thanks for your response Martin.
> Do you know why the mindmap example doesn't save the model and diagram to database?. Can be caused for using newer
> versions of Teneo, EMF, GMF?
>
> A working example will be a great help for me.
>
> Best Regards.
>


--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@xxxxxxxx - mtaal@xxxxxxxx
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Re: Teneo + GMF Problems [message #1269203 is a reply to message #1239208] Tue, 11 March 2014 14:11 Go to previous message
Angel Lopez is currently offline Angel Lopez
Messages: 8
Registered: January 2014
Junior Member
Hello Martin.

We finally decided to switch to CDO using the Dawn Framework that automatically generates the EMF and GMF editors code.

Best Regards.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 March 2014 09:54]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[EMF Forms] Unable to link a EClass to my view model
Next Topic:Source code translation with models
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Sep 19 09:55:37 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03091 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software