Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Table report item content is empty(Table report item content is empty though charts work)
Table report item content is empty [message #1235319] Fri, 24 January 2014 03:47 Go to next message
ef kutsche is currently offline ef kutscheFriend
No matter which format I view a report in, the content of the table report item is blank. However, I'm able to display chart report items in the same reports--so far without issue.

Details:
I'm using BIRT Report Designer 4.3.1 with OpenJDK (IcedTea 2.3.10) on Ubuntu. The data source is a JDBC Data Source with com.mysql.jdbc.Driver (v5.1). The workspace log leaves no error messages*. The Data Types that I'm trying to bind are String, Float and Integer. From the HTML source of the HTML Report view I can tell that the table is actually being drawn in that view. By changing the table background color, I determined that the table is being drawn in the PDF view as well. I see no text at all shown in the table in either view. However, scatter and pie charts are being drawn as I would expect in this report (they reflect the data in the database).

* I noticed that if I right-click on "Detail Row" in an instance of the table report item, I can produce an unhandled event loop exception with a stack trace like this:

java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException:
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Menu.getItems(Menu.java:500)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Menu.getNameText(Menu.java:518)
[it continues...]

This is the only error message that I can find in the workspace log.

How can I make the text appear in instances of the table report item? What steps should I take to debug the issue?
Re: Table report item content is empty [message #1240834 is a reply to message #1235319] Fri, 07 February 2014 05:52 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Can you post the entire error stack? Also, could you attach the design? Thanks. If you could reproduce the issue with the sample database, that'd be even better.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Error 3301 Cannot get report parameters
Next Topic:using JavaScript in HTML to retrieve file name of report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:04:07 GMT 2024