Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DSDP - Real-Time Software Components (RTSC) » runtime initialization of statically created and constructed instances
runtime initialization of statically created and constructed instances [message #1616] Wed, 11 March 2009 17:46 Go to next message
Ramsey Harris is currently offline Ramsey HarrisFriend
Messages: 22
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Champs,

In my module's <<Mod>>_Module_startup() function, I have the following loop to complete the runtime initialization of all statically created instances.

/* do runtime init on all statically created objects */
for (i = 0; i < RcmServer_Object_count(); i++) {
h = RcmServer_Object_get(NULL, i);
/*
* complete runtime initialization
* :
*/
}

Will this loop also give me the statically *constructed* instances?

Thanks
~ Ramsey
Re: runtime initialization of statically created and constructed instances [message #1693 is a reply to message #1616] Mon, 16 March 2009 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave Russo is currently offline Dave RussoFriend
Messages: 172
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ramsey Harris wrote:
> Champs,
>
> In my module's <<Mod>>_Module_startup() function, I have the following
> loop to complete the runtime initialization of all statically created
> instances.
>
> /* do runtime init on all statically created objects */
> for (i = 0; i < RcmServer_Object_count(); i++) {
> h = RcmServer_Object_get(NULL, i);
> /*
> * complete runtime initialization
> * :
> */
> }
>
> Will this loop also give me the statically *constructed* instances?
>
No. Constructed instances can be constructed/destructed in real-time
using the stack for the instance object, for example.

> Thanks
> ~ Ramsey
Re: runtime initialization of statically created and constructed instances [message #1863 is a reply to message #1693] Mon, 16 March 2009 16:36 Go to previous message
Ramsey Harris is currently offline Ramsey HarrisFriend
Messages: 22
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
dave russo wrote:
> Ramsey Harris wrote:
>> Champs,
>>
>> In my module's <<Mod>>_Module_startup() function, I have the following
>> loop to complete the runtime initialization of all statically created
>> instances.
>>
>> /* do runtime init on all statically created objects */
>> for (i = 0; i < RcmServer_Object_count(); i++) {
>> h = RcmServer_Object_get(NULL, i);
>> /*
>> * complete runtime initialization
>> * :
>> */
>> }
>>
>> Will this loop also give me the statically *constructed* instances?
>>
> No. Constructed instances can be constructed/destructed in real-time
> using the stack for the instance object, for example.
>
>> Thanks
>> ~ Ramsey
What if ModA's instance object has an embedded ModB instance object and ModA's instance is statically created? How do I initialize the constructed ModB instance object contained in ModA's instance object?
Previous Topic:Is there handle up-casting in meta-domain?
Next Topic:When can a module configure itself?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Dec 18 17:37:43 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.06900 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software