Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » scout » Adding dynamic UI elements in scout(Is it possible to dynamically add new elements to a UI which was already rendered?)
Adding dynamic UI elements in scout [message #1232430] Thu, 16 January 2014 18:27 Go to next message
André Morais is currently offline André Morais
Hi,

I've been looking for information about dynamic UI behavior in Scout as I'm working in a complex RCP application with dynamic UI events that is being migrated to Scout.
However, I've tried to add more form fields to a form already initialized but it did not worked.

I've read a few information and also some older posts where it seem it was not possible to allow this kind of behavior.

Is there any alternative or any other approach that is missing me?

Regards,

André
Re: Adding dynamic UI elements in scout [message #1234688 is a reply to message #1232430] Wed, 22 January 2014 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
João Rebelo is currently offline João Rebelo
Hi,

All that we've been seeing so far is declaring classes that I would guess Scout will somehow instantiate in runtime to generate the GUI.
It would be interesting that the developer could also conditionally (by some event / action) instantiate new objects of a previously created form, and add them to, for example a AbstractWrappedFormField?

Is this possible in Scout?

(I would imagine that this is somewhat what Scout is doing internally at the UI Thread equivalent?)

Regards,
João
Re: Adding dynamic UI elements in scout [message #1235820 is a reply to message #1234688] Sat, 25 January 2014 06:19 Go to previous message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio Guglielmo
Hi guys

A form initializes its fields on creation time. During that time you can inject custom fields using injectFields as explained here here. Afterwards you cannot add or remove fields, you can set them to visible / invisible though.

Another approach would be to use an editable table (set getConfiguredEditable of the columns to true) or to use a wrapped form field as João suggests.

-
Claudio
Previous Topic:Problems with renamed server session
Next Topic:XML validation with XSD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 20 03:09:08 EDT 2014