Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Need help with dependency issues
Need help with dependency issues [message #1231053] Mon, 13 January 2014 17:53
Sean Gilley is currently offline Sean GilleyFriend
First, I'm not sure this is the correct spot for this problem. I think it's the best, but what do I know?

Second, and more importantly for this conversation, I'm not an Eclipse developer.

Over a year ago I was handed a mostly done application and was asked to finish it up. The deployed war file quit working (that's a long story, which I'm happy to relate if it will help), so now I need to rebuild the entire project and produce a new war file. This wouldn't have been a problem except that due to a PC upgrade here, I no longer have my old development environment.

So, here's where I'm at:

I installed Eclipse/RAP/Indigo (the version I developed on) onto my system.

I have the no-longer-working war files, which have Zest and Draw2d jar files imbedded in them.

My project is showing that the dependencies for draw2d, zest.core, and zest.layout are not satisfied.

I can't seem to find any place to download the 1.5 versions of those bundles.

Nothing I have been able to do has satisfied those dependencies. (Well, maybe I managed it once in Eclipse Kepler, but I still had a multitude of other issues.)

So, what's the best method for getting these dependencies resolved? Can I somehow force Eclipse to see the zest/draw2d jar files from the original war file? Is there a source URL I can point to that will allow me to download them using Eclipse's built in software installer?

Or, is there another solution I'm not considering? We need this working -- it's not in the critical path, but management uses it.

Thanks,

Sean.
Previous Topic:Figure move border
Next Topic:Generating REQ_MOVE_CHILDREN request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:27:21 GMT 2024