Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Project not found error(Bad project structure?)
icon5.gif  Project not found error [message #1224381] Thu, 26 December 2013 14:50
Craig Foote is currently offline Craig FooteFriend
I have a set of tycho-built e4 projects creating a product but when I run the built artifact I get an error:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.app 0 0 2013-12-25 20:41:57.611
!MESSAGE Product ca.footeware.e4.product.product could not be found.

Sorry if this is not the best place to post but I'm thinking this is more about my e4 code than my use of tycho.

I'm not sure I understand the error. Should the .product file end up in the built zipped artifact? If so, how? It's not in a plugin project. Is it an id mismatch? The project is named 'ca.footeware.e4.product' and its product file is 'ca.footeware.e4.product.product'. The .product file's id field has value 'product' as does the 'products' extension's id field.

Maybe my problem is my project structure:

• 'parent' pom project
  • 'target' project, packaging eclipse-target-definition, with target definiton file referenced in parent pom's target-platform-configuration block
  • 'product' project, packaging eclipse-repository, with feature-based .product file, plugin_customization.ini and product extension in its plugin.xml. I read somewhere the .product file should be in a separate project.
  • 'application' project, packaging eclipse-plugin, with Application.e4xmi with some basic window dressing (File > Exit, Window > Show View, etc.)
  • 'application feature' project, packaging eclipse-feature, with feature.xml referencing the 'application' plugin. Referenced in the .product file.

My thinking was to create this bare-bones structure into which I could add different features with business logic. I'm pretty well versed in tycho building features in update sites but am relatively new with 'materializing' products and am a complete noob at e4.

Any help appreciated,
Craig
Previous Topic:no e4 tools repository
Next Topic:Plugin.xml reload
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 23:54:09 GMT 2024