Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Browser object - IE MaxConnectionsPerServer difference(hard value of 2 for Maxconnectionsperserver property with SWT browser object?)
icon5.gif  Browser object - IE MaxConnectionsPerServer difference [message #1187698] Fri, 15 November 2013 08:27 Go to next message
Stijn B is currently offline Stijn BFriend
Hi,

I notice, then when using the SWT Browser object, the property 'maxConnectionsPerServer' is always limited to 2, while when retrieving the same property in IE native, this isn't the case.

I've already configured the registry settings according to the MS documentation: Microsoft KB282402, and added them also for the 'javaw.exe' process with value '6'(Content of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPER1_0SERVER & ..\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPERSERVER: iexplore.exe with value 6, javaw.exe with value 6), and tried pushing the setting with the Group Policy. For the native iexplore.exe process this always works - but it doesn't when doing the request via the SWT browser.

In attachment:
- My testpage, which I execute from the SWT browser, and from iexplore.exe
- Source of my testclass with the SWT browser

Question:
- Is there any hard limit of 2 coded within? Is it possible to change it? We're running a real-time application (which uses 1 of the 2 available AJAX connections with long running queries, and need to raise the limit to get this working with the SWT browser).

Thanks ahead,
Re: Browser object - IE MaxConnectionsPerServer difference [message #1243170 is a reply to message #1187698] Mon, 10 February 2014 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Hobi is currently offline Daniel HobiFriend
Hi there

I've just stumbled across the same problem but think I have found a (or mabye the) solution: support.microsoft.com/kb/282402

As you already mentioned changing the keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\... has sadly no effect.

But adding the keys
MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server 10
MaxConnectionsPerServer 10
to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
finally worked for me!

Hope the problem is now solved for you too.

Daniel
Re: Browser object - IE MaxConnectionsPerServer difference [message #1243568 is a reply to message #1243170] Tue, 11 February 2014 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Actually, it depends on the OS + browser you're using.

The settings with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl work as of IE8

For IE7 it's indeed HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

In my case, I was using a windows 7 64 bit, + a 32 browser, which implied that I needed to add them in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl
Re: Browser object - IE MaxConnectionsPerServer difference [message #1243611 is a reply to message #1243568] Tue, 11 February 2014 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again

Ahh I love the Windows Registry Rolling Eyes

>> Actually, it depends on the OS + browser you're using.
Could it be that IE10 and IE11 on Win7 (64-Bit) behave like IE7 (again)?
Only HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings seems to have the desired effect for me...or am I doing something wrong?

Daniel
Re: Browser object - IE MaxConnectionsPerServer difference [message #1243726 is a reply to message #1243611] Tue, 11 February 2014 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Could be - I haven't tested in any IE > 9 , and the documentation online only shows references for IE7 vs IE8/IE9
Re: Browser object - IE MaxConnectionsPerServer difference [message #1256550 is a reply to message #1187698] Tue, 25 February 2014 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again

Our research has shown that:
- It depends on your IE version (IE7/IE10 and above vs. IE8/IE9)
- It depends on your SWT Library (32-Bit / 64-Bit) which corresponds to your JRE

For IE7 / IE10 and above (not 32/64-Bit aware)
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
"MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server"=dword:00000010
"MaxConnectionsPerServer"=dword:0000010

For IE8 and IE9 (32/64-Bit aware)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPER1_0SERVER]
"java.exe"=dword:00000010

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPERSERVER]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPER1_0SERVER]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPERSERVER]

Daniel
Re: Browser object - IE MaxConnectionsPerServer difference [message #1404515 is a reply to message #1256550] Sat, 02 August 2014 17:38 Go to previous message
Nigel Hoath is currently offline Nigel HoathFriend
Daniel

Very interesting but cannot get it to work. However what ~I want is a bit unusual. I want a single threaded browser so I can ensure each request sent is matched with the right reply.

I've got IE v11 running 32 bit Windows 7 Professional.

If Daniel or anyone has any thoughts or update on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Nigel

Performance/Load/Stress tester for large public and private sector orgs because I enjoy it.
Previous Topic:[Browser] Fix or workaround for wrong user agent HTTP header in embedded IE10?
Next Topic:SWT Composite limit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:41:21 GMT 2024