Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Tab key in RAP(Problem with handling of TAB key)
Tab key in RAP [message #1182600] Tue, 12 November 2013 09:37 Go to next message
Jan Kožusznik is currently offline Jan KožusznikFriend
Hello,
I have problem with Tab key in RAP application. It doesn't correctly save filled value in Table - value before editing is filled after leaving of table cell by Tab key - Enter a mouse clicking works perfectly.
Is anybody who have similar experience?
Regards
Jan
Re: Tab key in RAP [message #1184152 is a reply to message #1182600] Wed, 13 November 2013 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Nick is currently offline Matthias NickFriend
Hi Jan,
thanks for your question.
I am not sure if I understand your problem correctly: I tried it the following way:

Goto do our demo application: http://widgets.eclipse-scout.cloudbees.net/web , open "FormFields" and select "TableField".
Then you will see a table. I created a new company by doing a rightclick "New Company". Then clicked into the Name field, and changed the name to "xyz". Then I pressed TAB and the value was saved.

Does this help you?

Greetings
Matthias
Re: Tab key in RAP [message #1185051 is a reply to message #1184152] Wed, 13 November 2013 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Matthias,
thank you for your response. A behavior of tab key in the presented application is a little bit different. It correctly closes editing of table field but another table field is not active for editation afterwards.
Greetings.
Jan
Re: Tab key in RAP [message #1188156 is a reply to message #1185051] Fri, 15 November 2013 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jan,

congrats, you found a Bug Smile

Joke apart: You are right (I tried it with the latest version of Eclipse Scout), by default when you use "TAB" to switch to another column, the content is not saved. Only a mouseclick saves the content.

However, you can change the behavior: When you use

@Override
protected boolean getConfiguredTextWrap() {
 return true;
}

in one of your columns, the behavior will be the other way round. "TAB" will save your content and the mouseclick will not.

I opened Bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=421829.

Hope this will help you.
Greetings
Matthias
Re: Tab key in RAP [message #1196114 is a reply to message #1188156] Tue, 19 November 2013 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Matthias,
thank you for your information. I have tried your suggested solution but I probably something missed. It doesn't work - I will try it in the future more carefully.
Greetings
Jan
Re: Tab key in RAP [message #1196115 is a reply to message #1196114] Tue, 19 November 2013 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Which version did you use? Did you use the latest version of Scout (Scout 3.10)?
Re: Tab key in RAP [message #1239227 is a reply to message #1182600] Mon, 03 February 2014 17:47 Go to previous message
Ken Lee is currently offline Ken LeeFriend
This bug has been fixed with this Git commit and is available with the latest Scout Luna M5 release.

More details can be found in the bugzilla.
Previous Topic:Custom Composite Fields - Scout Explorer
Next Topic:UnsupportedMediaException when calling webservice
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:24:54 GMT 2024